i. death is inevitable.

ɪ - sad song by we the kings

Peter couldn't even call his teachers 'Sir' anymore

Peter couldn't even call his teachers 'Sir' anymore. He completely smashed Ned's TV when he had GOT on, just because Arya's surname was Stark. Any resemblance to Tony sent Peter into overwhelming fits of agony. It had been weeks since Tony's sacrifice.

"Ned, please don't leave me." Peter turned to face his lifelong best friend. He really was all he had left. "Peter, you should be celebrating, we won after all." Ned sympathetically gazed into Peter's now unreadable eyes. In that moment, Peter reached up to his fluffy hair and started pulling it in frustration. "How am I supposed to celebrate winning when I actually lost?"

Peter was right, he had lost. He lost yet another father. They say things come in 3's. His real father. Uncle Ben. And now? Tony Stark. What made it worse was that Tony was everything Peter wanted to be. A world class engineer and physicist. And most of all? A superhero.

Both boys had now reached their lockers, and there was an eery silence as they did so. Upon Peter's locker were thousands of sticky notes, all bearing the same message. "We know how close you were to Mr Stark through the internship, and we're sorry for your loss" and "If there's anything we can do..."

The previous night, Peter had promised himself that he wouldn't cry. He was already a sadistic nerd at school, so he didn't need the extra attention. But, these sticky notes bought tears to his eyes. He wasn't crying, he kept his promise. This was until he moved a couple and saw an envelope wedged in the side of his locker.

The envelope simply had one word written upon it, "kid". He knew that nickname anywhere. His hands started to tremble as Ned continuously asked "Peter, PETER! Are you okay?". But Ned's calls were only echoes. All Peter could focus on now was the letter in his hands and who it was potentially from. His stomach had a gut wrenching feeling as he tore open the mysterious letter. Inside was a small hand written note reading: "Hey Peter, Happy here. This letter was originally from Tony, but I couldn't find all of the contents. He kept it in his suit so we'd find it if he ever... You know. Here's what I found." Peter's breathing intensified as he moved Happy's note to reveal what Tony had left.

It was like the world stopped as Peter revealed a small Polaroid photo. In it, was Morgan Stark, holding a drawing of Spider-Man. In messy writing next to it, she had written "my big brother" in huge crayon letters. There was a second photo too, the photo of himself and Tony after his "internship". On the back of the later photo, Tony had written a short message. "My children together at last. Look after Morgan, kid. Love, Dad" "Ps. I know you've been waiting a while for me to accept you calling me dad."

Frantically, Peter gathered up the two photos and put them against his chest. This was all he had left of Tony. He hadn't yet received a mission since endgame but he just received a mission. Protect Morgan at all costs.

Tears formed in Peter's eyes as he darted down the school corridor, Ned trying to chase after him. "Hey! Peter! You know I don't like running" But Peter wasn't listening, his heart was bumping at record speed. He had to find Morgan. He had to be the big brother she needs. She could not be alone like he was when he was growing up.