The kissing booth

The first one-shot i wrote, actually, but i was too nervous to post it before.

_____

The kissing booth

Hinata could see her friends sitting at their usual table in the cafeteria. She smiled lightly as they waved to her. She was hungry and the food smelled good. As she made her way to her table, she looked over at a neighboring table where the boys of the football team sat, chattering and eating.

She spotted a dark haired boy sitting quietly in the group. As if sensing her gaze, he looked over at her. She smiled sweetly at him and even though he tried not to show it, she knew he liked her private smiles to him.

His cheeks dusted a slight pink as he scoffed but she had already seen his eyes soften before he looked away. She grinned slightly and walked to the table.

"Hey guys." She said as she sat down.

"Hinata-I got your lunch for you." Ino said, passing her a tray of food. Hinata smiled gratefully. Ino acted like the mother of the group sometimes. Along with Tenten of course. But leave it to Ino to make sure everyone was eating properly.

"How were classes?" Sakura asked, tucking a stray cherry pink strand behind her ear. She was munching at a cookie as she looked at Hinata.

"Classes were okay...what's wrong with Temari?" Hinata asked because the blonde girl seemed distracted right now.

"Um...she's supposed to manage the school carnival that's a week away." Tenten said as way of answer.

"Yeah?" Hinata said, still not getting why this was making her upset "I thought she prepared everything for it. Stalls, booths...stuff?"

Ino nodded. "She did but..." she glanced uneasily at Temari who's expression was stormy.

"But I can't believe Madelyn bailed on me like that." Temari said, speaking finally.

"Who's Madelyn again?" Hinata asked.

"The girl who was supposed to be in charge of the kissing booth." Sakura said "She said she couldn't go after all because there's supposed to be a wedding on that day."

"Wow that's harsh." Hinata agreed as she drank some chocolate milk.

"Do you know how hard it was to find a pretty girl who would make a lot of money on the kissing booth?" Temari groaned.

"Why can't Sakura or Ino do it instead?" asked Hinata.

"Because I'm already the fortune teller." Ino said, smiling slyly.

"And I will not do it because this is totally unacceptable. This is mysoginy at it's best.I say this whole booth is crap." Sakura said going feminist on them all.

"I'm sorry Sakura but I don't think boys in high school think that about girls. Hormones are strange things." Tenten sighed. "Besides, there is a side for girls too."

"Anyways, I'm managing the food stalls." Sakura said "It's better than being a toy for boys."

Hinata suppressed a smile at her friend's compassion. Temari took her head in her hands this time. She looked ready to kill someone or die.

"Temari...I'm sure it's going to be okay. We'll find someone pretty to occupy the kissing booth." Hinata assured her friend.

Suddenly Temari's eyes glinted as Tenten realized something at the same time. "Hinata...you're really pretty." Tenten admitted.

Hinata looked confused as she said. "Um...thanks?"

"And you're not already taking part in a booth for the carnival." Ino pointed out. Sakura snorted.