Caution

This is on the request of @The_NOOB. Sorry this took so long but I wasn't sure and I didn't wanna disappoint you. It has a bit of divergence but i tried to write keeping the points you said in mind. Tell me what ya think :)

__

It was curiosity that drove him to find out more about the enigmna that was her.

Hinata Hyuga. Former heir to the Hyuga Enterprises before she was replaced by her younger sister Hyuga Hanabi.

She was a quiet little thing. She almost seemed to meld into the shadows with her small height and quiet demeanor. Most people did not pay attention to her.

But no one had ever stood out more to Sasuke Uchiha, one of the heir to the rival company of Hyuga, Uchiha Corps. He'd seen her around now and then but he'd never bothered to speak to her. And vice versa.

She was in his friend's cricle. And she was one of the only girls in Konoha's population who didn't have die-hard crushes on him. And he'd respected that.

Maybe she didn't have the guts to approach him. Cuz...she was shy. Or so he thought. Until he noticed her blushing and stuttering around the dobe, Naruto. And that intrigued Sasuke. Despite being pushed around most of her life, she had the guts to try and approach Naruto.

And she'd confessed to him. Unfortunately, (Or fortunately for him) Naruto had turned her down gently. He'd told Sasuke, being his best friend.

Then, she'd been disowned around the same time Naruto and Sakura got together. And then she'd become even more quiet, if that was possible.

But Sasuke was curious. Just how did she keep moving despite all that had happened to her? That had been the real drive behind his approaching her.

And now? He was fairly sure he was in love with her.

____

"Sasuke." Hinata said happily as she walked up to him. Her cheeks were flushed and she looked really happy. Sasuke smiled as he took her in.

"Hinata." He said, responding to her embrace by lifting her up in his strong embrace. It always made her laugh. And she laughed now too.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, as he put her down. He shrugged.

"Well, I was thinking we could go out for lunch?" he asked her. He was done for classes for today and she had an evening class left.

"I'd love to." She smiled softly "But I can't. I have to finish some reading for the evening class."

He nodded understandingly. "I'll see you later then." He told her as he turned to walk away. A light tug on his arm made him turn around.

Hinata stood on her toes and kissed his cheek. "You will." She told him. He smirked a little before he walked away.

He was walking out the building when he heard someone call out his name. "Sasuke!" He stopped and looked. Sakura.

"Hey Sasuke." She told him.

"Hi." he said "I didn't know you had any classes today."

"No. I don't. I actually came to talk to you." Sakura told him.

"Okay? Talk." he said, leaning against the wall, running a hand through his hair. Sakura was troubled. He could tell.

"Maybe over lunch? It's important." She told him. He sighed as he looked at his clock.

"Fine. But if it's another plot to drive me and Hinata apart-I swear I'll make you regret it." He gritted out. Sakura had the decency to look sheepish at that.