Pacify you better

Listen to the song! You'll get the story.

______

Hinata Hyuga was optimistic. Naively so. But that did not mean she was stupid. By no means did anything about her; her IQ, her practical way of life or her choice in friends indicate her being a stupid young woman.

But being naively optimistic had it's downfalls sometimes which took you nearer to stupidity, perhaps. That's what she thought.

That's what she was thinking right at that moment as she glanced at a familiar figure weave through the throngs of College Students. But she could always seek him out in any kind of crowd. His golden hair and piercing sky blue eyes were simply too unique not to be sought out instantly.

The whisker marks on his cheeks were covering up his rosy cheeks. His tan skin glowed and her heart skipped another beat just looking at him like that. Then, it skipped another beat when she recognized the petite figure next to her golden boy.

Naruto was walking alongside Sakura Haruno, the beautiful girl with exquisite pink hair and jade eyes which were a thousand times more beautiful than her own lavender orbs and dull midnight blue hair, she thought sadly. Sakura was also his long time girl-friend since Highschool. According to what she'd heard anyhow.

Naruto's usual bright eyes seemed dimmer as of now, indicating his displeasure with his mouth pulled in a frown as Sakura said something to him. Her body language indicated anger and frustration. Most probably at him.

Naruto looked done. Nevertheless, they stopped whatever words they were exchanging and looked away from each other simultaneously. Naruto's eyes caught her gaze and her cheeks felt like they were on fire.

He smiled, brightly upon seeing her. And her heart was beating erratically now. He walked off with Sakura still at his side, even though they were stiff next to each other.

Hinata sighed. If only.

____

He watched her back slump slightly as she watched them leave and her demeanor sagged as the Uzumaki boy disappeared. He watched her curiously. She would always look at the 'golden' couple so wistfully and it pissed him off sometimes.

What was there to want so badly? They were just some people anyways.

And no one ever saw her, he knew. But he did. He always paid attention, even though she didn't notice.

_____

She felt like passing out. Right now, her sitting next to Naruto while he talked to her seemed like something out of a dream. He could be with anyone, anyone right now and he'd chosen to give his time to her.

Of course he didn't know her feelings, instead treating her like a friend. And a shoulder to rely on when things got unbearable. But still, it had to count. Right now, he was ranting about Sakura.

"It's just...she's s annoying sometimes. I do everything for her and it's still not enough. It gets too much for me to handle sometimes. Like, she's so whiny."

Naruto's words regarding his girlfriend genuinely shocked her. And gave her some hope, even though it made her a horrible person. Because maybe-just maybe...

"How about you actually say that to her face?" a snide voice remarked from nearby. Hinata and Naruto both looked up, jumping slightly.

Hinata looked at the boy's pale face. She'd seen him around sometimes, but she wasn't sure of his name. She knew he was an Uchiha though. It showed from his features. Dark eyes and hair and a haughty smirk permanantly etched on his face.

Naruto squirmed slightly at the boy. It seemed like the boy had just been walking by. Hinata didn't know if she should say something or not.

"I-I will." Narut actually stuttered. Hinata looked at him, worried at his sudden discomfort. He looked as if he'd been caught doing a crime.

"Then go and spare us your word vomit." Uchiha seemd personally offended by Naruto's words and Hinata wondered if he had a thing for Sakura maybe.

He could. She was pretty enough.

Naruto got up instantly. "I'll see you later Hinata." he said as he left instantly and Hinata was left staring at the space where he'd been. Then she turned to the boy, who stood looking amused.

"Was that really necessary?" she asked him, annoyed at his interference. Who knows if Naruto might have decided to leave Sakura and-

He scoffed. And then he started walking off. The Uchiha crest at his back seemed to be mocking her too as he left without looking back.

_______

"Uchiha!" Kakashi sensei's voice rang out in the Physics classroom and Sasuke turned to him, still with the expression of ice on his face.

He didn't bother asking the teacher what was wrong, indicating he already knew what the teacher was faulting him for. "I told you, you need a partner for this project."

Sasuke's expression didn't waver. "I told you, I don't need a partner."

Kakashi's face was set in a thin line. "Okay then, I'll assign a partner for you. How about Miss Hyuga?" he asked and Hinata who was sitting, lost in her own thoughts regarding the Quantum theory of Planck jumped in her seat.

"W-what?" she asked.

"You're okay being his partner?" Kakashi asked, gesturing towards Sasuke who didn't look icy any more. He looked murderous.

"Uh-I already have a partner." She said, gesturing to the boy next to her, whatever his name was.

"No problem. You're switching. Bring your things here." Kakashi said, done with these annoying ass kids. Hinata looked glum at having to partner with that annoying boy but said nothing as she picked her things and put them on the seat next to the boy.

"Now, I want you to outline your approach on the topic with your partner. Please begin." Kakashi instructed, turning to his book.

"I think we should start with names." Hinata suggested.

"Don't think on my account princess, I don't want to be responsible for your headache." The boy drawled. Hinata instantly wanted to slap him.

"You know, you stimulate the only urge I've ever had to strike a person violently and repeatedly...And I don't even know your name yet." Hinata said, returning his answer with a jab of her own. "That's got to be a record."

The boy smiled. Well, a ghost of a smile.

"Uchiha Sasuke." He said, still having that smirk with an edge of amusement to it. Hinata felt her anger ebb away slowly.

"Hyuga Hinata." She told him.

"Something tells me this project is going to be fun." He said, and Hinata couldn't help but disagree.

______

Author notes: The title of this one-shot comes from the song i was listening to while writing this. A mashup of 'Pacify her' and 'Treat you better'. The song gave me inspiration and i sort of wanted to write this concept as a multi-chapter story. But I have a lot going on right now with other stories.

So, tell me what you think. Comment and let me know.

Anyways, that's all with the one-shot series. I hope you guys loved them as much as I did.