Seven

Welcome back to the drama, y'all! This chapter is gonna be longer than usual, just because I feel like my updates have been lacking excitement and romance and all that shit. Writers block is the fucking w o r s t thing ever. Bear with me, I'm trying to power through this. Hope you all like this update! Prepare for a fair amount of scene changes!

-Blu ❥

𝕷

"Mom what the hell happened to you!?" Brielle exclaimed as her mother limped her way slowly through the front door, Brielle following right behind her. Ian had already taken off, wanting to be far, far away from Diane and the hell that was surely about to be released.

"It's not a big deal Bells." She bemoaned, flinching after almost every step she managed to take.

"It's not?" Brielle breathed, confused and overwhelmed at her mothers words. "So if I came home like this, it wouldn't be a big deal to you? You wouldn't be concerned or want to kill the person that did that to me? Because that's how I feel right now, mom!"

"I said drop it, Brielle Anastasia! Just fucking stop already!" Diane blasted, her words thundering throughout the house as tears began falling from her eyes.

"Mom.." Brielle's voice was softer this time as she brushed a piece of Diane's hair away from the dry blood that essentially covered the woman's face. "Who did this?"

With the uninjured arm, Diane quickly slapped her daughters hand away from her face as more tears fell and began rolling down her bloodied cheeks. As she turned, Brielle caught glimpse of her mothers eyes and realized they were bloodshot, pupils dilated beyond belief. She quickly put two and two together. With narrowed eyes, Brielle retracted her arm away from the woman in disgust.

"Are you high right now?!" Brielle unleashed, unable to control the volume or anger of her voice.

"I'm going to take a shower." Diane murmured as she began her ascent up the wooden stairs, doing her best to avoid her daughters gaze.

"Yeah, that's just what your son needs to see. One day, when you're all alone in the streets wondering how life got so bad.. you'll think back to moments like these!" The young girl's voice quivered as she spoke, trying to fight back the tears of rage that threatened to spill from her sorrowful eyes.

Brielle stood alone downstairs in the now silent house, her misty eyes fixed upon the fading image of her mother disappearing from sight. With her arms folded across her chest, her body was frozen with indecision, for she couldn't decide if she wanted to scream or cry.

"Un-fucking-believable." She cursed to the air.

After drying the tears that streamed down her cheeks, Brielle bolted up the stairs as quietly as she could manage, deciding in that very instant that her little brother wasn't going to see their mother doped up like this, and that her mother wasn't going to have the privilege of seeing Cameron.

"Cam?" Brielle lightly tapped her fingertips on the door before slipping into the boys room.

Despite the screaming and stomping that was going on moments before, Cameron was dead asleep on his bed. Brielle flipped the light on, instantly awakening the boy.

"What's going on-" He began before his sister silenced him with a finger to her lips.