Chapter Two Bonds

Chapter Two :Bonds

Kurama drummed his nails up and down staring at Naru who was now in his ball of chakra healing the damage and keeping her nutritious and healthy while she was basically stuck in a coma.

A quick knock on the apartment door made him tune back in sensing Hiruzen's chakra outside the apartment. 'You're already informed huh....' He thought heading to the door and opened it looking at the elder who gave a small smile.

"Evening Naru-chan, may I come in?" He said and walked in as she stepped back.

"What's going on?" She questioned as he sat at her kitchen table.

"I wanted to come speak with you, I had an interesting conversation with Iruka earlier." He said.

Figures...

"About what?"

"He informed me of your change, you have excelled in a short amount of time." He said, she gave a tiny shrug. "By the looks of your grades and the score on your practice..." He said eyeing her closely looking for any kind of sign that something was different about her.

"I just figured it's time to stop playing and get serious." She replied. "I can't depend on anyone else to save me."
"You can always come to me Naru. I will do what I can to help."
"While I appreciate that Hokage-sama, you have a village to run and keeping your eye on the jinchuuriki is pointless."

Hiruzen jolted as she stared at him with a deadened stare. "Where did you learn that title Naru?"

"Books, people, knowledge." She vaguely answered. "As I said I can and will protect myself from now on. I'll see that nothing will happen to Uzumaki Naru from this moment on." She said. "I'll prove that these humans are blind and wrong." Kurama shook his head finding himself responding more in his voice than Naru's.

"Well Naru-chan, I will do what I can to aid you in your journey, I'll always help." He stood and walked to the door.

"I'm sure you will." She muttered.

Hiruzen walked from the apartment giving a small signal to the anbu. "Keep watch on her, report any suspicious activity." He said watching the anbu disappear. 'That's not Naru in there.'

o0o

"Hey Uzumaki!" The girl turned at the call seeing a group of familiar bullies walking up, all with cocky and almost devious smirks. Kurama sneered as his senses picked up the dark intent that they were giving off.

"What is it you want Hibachi?"

"We were talking, with the way your skills improved, you can join our group. If you want.."

"Why the sudden interest? Just cause I got some skill?"

"Well it's not gonna be that easy, you gotta do a courage quest. Do it and you're in."

Naru squinted at them waiting. "In the backwoods, my father said enemies were holed up, a battle ensued driving them out of the village, if you can bring some kinda souvenir, we'll let you join us."

"I'll think about it.." She said as she turned and walked away. 'Obviously they're up to no good, but she needs some bonds for the future and this is about the only way...' Kurama deduced leading his host away to prepare her for what may happen next.

"Really Hibachi? We're gonna let her in the group?" Unagi whispered as they watched her go.

"No you moron! Dad said those enemies are still out there, if she goes out there ... they're gonna kill her, she'll never make it out alive." He chuckled darkly.