Chapter 2: Old Friends and New Faces

(Matthew's POV)

"Please move." I ask politely as I manouver my way through the crouded and unruely hallways during the lunch hour at my school. I was attempting to make my wasy to the classroom where my freinds Emil, Nicholi and his boyfriend, Katashya, Lovino and I eat our lunches; actually succeeding at this task was a different matter all together. In trying to do this, however, I ran into Gilbert and his friend Matthias, the local bullies.

" Wha--?" Was all I heard before I booked it from the area and ran in the other direction. Please don't hurt me, please don't do this right now!! I scream in my head as I weave through the many social groups at the school. I was attempting to run the long was to Mr. Vargas' room, which would be my final destination; or it would have if I didn't run into someone, making me land flat on my rear.

"I'm so sorry!" I bearly whispered out; the look on this kid's face making me scared right away. He looked like a giant from my view, a boy with short messy ash blonde hair, a beige sweater on, a pair of dark brown pants; and a large, fadded cream scarf wrapped loosely around his neck. A scary, no-fashion sensed giant that looked like he wanted to eat me.

"No problem little one! I was on my way to go and eat lunch with sestra!" His smile and the way he talked made me uneasy, maybe it was just his accent, which was a thick Russian one; maybe it was just me though. Another question that arose was how could he have heard me over the loudness of the people around us? Setting that aside, I got off of the ground, dusted myself off, and continued on my way to the classroom, though it seemed like he was following me. As I turn into the classroom, he cut me off and went in ahead of me.

"Ivan! You found your way here!" Katashya, whom we just call Kat because we tended to mess up on her name, beamed at the giant that had followed me to the classroom. "And I see that Mattvey had help you along thae way! How sweet!"

"Da sestra! He was very kind to do so." This kid, who is Ivan I suppose, said with one of the fakest smiles I had ever seen. I, on the other hand, decided to put my ninja talents to good use; I grabbed myself a chair beside Lovino and pulled out my lunch. Yet another seemingly normal lunch had commenced for yet another day.

What I didn't account for was for my ninja skills to go too well you see. As per usual Lovino kept complaining that I wasn't even there, Nicholi and Vladamire, his boyfriend, were arguing with Lovino that I was there and they just couldn't see me, and Emil was talking to his stuffed puffin that he called 'Mr. Puffin'. Normal lunch, right? No, then what occurs is Kat invites Ivan to sit down at the table, and do you know where he sits? On. Me.

"I-i-i-ivan?!" I squeaked under the crushing weight that the two-hundred-and-thirty pound Russian was putting on my wounds, and on my lap for that matter. I wiggled and tried to push him off, but my attempts were futile and I was loosing a lot of energy due to my injuries. I started to panic because of the excruciating pain that was shooting through my entire torso.

"Please..." I whimper; now no longer having the strenght to keep up my stuggle, tears of pain start to streak my face. Just then, Emil looks over at me and gets shocked at the state my body was in, and by how pissed off he got in a short amount of time, plus ghe fact that he never really showed emotion, he flipped his shit. He gets up, walks straight up to Ivan, and practically punched him in the face while cussing at him in Icelandic, gaining everyone's attention.

"Get. Off. Of. HIM!" He managed to hiss out in English, while pointing at my crushed body. Ivan then turns to look what exactally he was sitting on, and caught a glims of my tear stained face; I looked up at him, my eyes pleading for him to remove himself from my lap. For a breif moment, I thought I saw his eyes flicker with remorse for his actions; of course though, it went back to how they were before, which was almost malicious and a matching creepy smile. He then moved to the EMPTY SEAT RIGHT BESIDE ME, and I collapse into my chair, gasping for that glorious substance which was air. I closed my heavy eyes, sighing in relief.

The silence was broken, however, with a "The FUCK IS THAT!?" from Lovino, and everyone turned their attention to where he was pointing; there was a dark red mark from where Ivan was sitting on my light-ish red Canada sweater I was wearing that day. I usually didn't have to bring bandages to school, and like any other day, I didn't bring any. People were looking at me, and I was starting to become uncomfortable from it. I turn to look away, but then Kat grabbed hold of one of my hands.

"What happened?" She asked me, a saddened look within her eyes. I looked away, not able to answer her question in fear that they were near by. I couldn't handle being in the room anymore, so i grabbed my things and ran. Why can't I just be a normal person? I walked through the halls again, thinking about how he was going to get around his brother with this; just then I walked into yet another person.

"Why do I--!!" I stopped myself, being it this time Gilbert himself. He looked down at me, and smirked.

"Vell, vell, vell. What do we have here? A little birdie that has wandered away from his flock? That'll never be a good thing, now will it Matthias?" Both Matthias and Gilbert laughed hestarically at that line, for some reason. He then decided to pull me up with my hand, and pull me towards the back parking lot.

"Vell, since zis little birdie is stuck here, ve might as vell have some fun!!" Gilbert said with a huge and menacing smile on his face. He then took the first swing towards my face, sending me onto the hard pavement. Matthias then procceded kicked me in the stomach, knocking the air right out of me. Gilbert picked me up by the collor and broke my nose, ripped my glasses off of my face, then threw me back They continued to kick me onver, and over again; the duo never gave me a break until they felt like they were done. I listened to them cackling and walking away from me, my left eye swollen and my glasses broken on the ground.