Q And A + Tips

If you want to ask me any questions regarding book covers or anything of the sort, please comment inline here.

Tips
(Gif)

① Finding the right application or software:

Mobile
If you are a mobile user, the apps I recommend you to use are Canva and PicsArt because I use these two the most.

C A N V A

PROS

① There are already set sizes for wattpad book covers, banners, headers and all of that jazz

② The app is not laggy and it is easy to maneuver

③ They have a lot of free fonts to use without any payment but there are fonts that need to be paid for

④ There are sets or premade formats

⑤ They offer stickers in either illustrations or shapes

⑥ It saves progress and you can go back to edit it from time to time.

⑦ You can layer and fade pictures quite easily

⑧ If you can't find certain pictures, they can provide it

CONS

① Most of the stickers, fonts and provided images have to be paid so there is a limited supply

② You can only apply a solid color to the font. You can't make shadows or bend the text.

③ There is a limited supply of filters

④ There will be times where if you save a picture, it might come out wonky or it will look a bit weird so you would have to save over and over.

⑤ There are barely any other features that can enhance the design like effects and all that jazz.

P I C S A R T

PROS

① There is so much you can do and it provides the basic stuff

② You can work with special effects that can enhance the picture

③ There is so much you can do with the font like adding, textures, shadows, blending, and colors

④ Like Canva, they also provide stickers that they provided or that other users have submitted. It also saves cutouts that you have made.

⑤ You can erase the background and cut out pictures so that you don't have to download a background eraser app.

⑥ They have really good filters ranging from effects, colors, paper textures, artistic textures, magic textures, blurs and distortion effects

⑦ They also have lens flares and brushes that you can apply onto the picture. They don't need to be paid for and and they can be manipulated

CONS

① There will be times where the screen will blackout every so often and you might have to start again

② You can resume progress but it doesn't run as smoothly as Canva does because you can only continue the progress of a most recently edited picture which usually also doesn't save. I don't know, that feature frustrates me the most

③ It is very hard to move some things around because there will be times that it will enlarge the picture instead of moving it like you wanted to. It also is very laggy to move pictures from one side to the other

④ Unlike Canva, they are very limited in the font style department and because PicsArt has the best features of editing fonts, I have to use PicsArt for fonts but I end up repeating fonts because it it so limited as I only use Canva for white fonts.

⑤ You have to pay for certain things. Though not as much as Canva, the really good stuff must be paid for

⑥ My favorite feature is the erase tool because for so long, I had a problem with erasing the picture that got in the way of what I want.

PC
If you rather use a computer and laptop, here is what I would recommend but I don't have that much input since I don't edit in pc.

❛ P H O T O S H O P ❜
This is of course the number one software that people use to edit. I have one myself but I am still trying to learn how to use it, just looking at the interface makes me so hecka confused.

This is why if you are a beginner, get used to mobile phones first and then work your way into photoshop because that shit is complicated.

② Finding the perfect picture:

There are so many websites to get pictures from but I recommend these three the most.

WeHeartIt ❜
This is my main source of where I get pictures from because the quality there is outstanding and you can easily download the pictures from the app directly to your phone or computer.

❛ Pinterest ❜
This is almost every graphic designers go to as it takes pictures from almost every website and compiles it into one. The quality of pictures here are also high and you can pin up pictures. The only con though is that the way to download most of the pictures in high quality is to actually go to the website it is found in and download it from there but not all the time they are available.

❛ Google ❜
Ah yes, Google. I would be surprised if no one here knows what Google is. This is my last hope if I can't find pictures in any of the websites mentioned above. I only use this for last resort because some of the pictures there have bad quality and it doesn't look good close up.

Extra picture tips:

When finding a picture, what I do is search for all the possible related search terms that I can think of and download them all so that if I change my mind, I can easily access the other related pictures.

It is best to make a board or to put it in a collection so that you can easily find the picture if you get back to it.

Check the quality of the picture by zooming in or by downloading it and putting the dimensions of the picture to fit Wattpad's dimensions.

(More will be added soon)