Chapter 2

Balancing herself against the cold, unforgiving tile floor of the bathroom, Aria leaned against the plush covered toilet seat. Pulling out her iPhone, she dialed Ezra.

"Hello?" His deep, harmonized voice rang through the phone.

"You.. You need to come home," her voice dropped an octave.

"Is everything alright?" Ezra inquired, his voice growing with concern.

"Everything's fine, just.. Please. Hurry home," she stated, pushing herself into a standing position.

"I'll leave after this class. I'll be home in 15 minutes, tops. Love you," he said at almost a whisper.

"I love you too," she hung up.

She snatched her robe and jumped into the shower. When she finally finish her hot, well needed shower, she got dressed and waltzed herself downstairs.

Not caring enough about the spill she had created earlier that morning, she walked past the kitchen and into the living room. Joshua and Ada Lynn's toys littered the doorway, across the length of the room, and were even under the furniture. She picked up the toys that were laid around her, and put them away.

She and Ezra were so happy hen they conceived the twins, though everyone else seemed.. Uneasy. They were right out of high school, and had only been living together for a month when she realized how late her period had been. Still, they were over-joyed. Why was it harder this time? She couldn't answer her own question and damnit, she couldn't understand why. She laid herself on the couch and waited for Ezra's arrival. She didn't want to find out if her hypothesis was correct without him.

After waiting an hour, Ezra barged through the door apologizing for being over 45 minutes later than he was expecting to be. He was too late though, she had already fallen into a deep sleep.