Chapter 1: Everyday Life

ChurroStar lay outside her den gnawing on a celery stick and humming the derp song to herself. The sun was just beginning to rise from beyond the Bubble-gum Mountains and she squinted her eyes as the light flooded into camp. She finished her celery stick and took a drink from the pool of maple syrup which oozed down the sides of her pancake den. She licked her lips clean of syrup and leapt down of the ledge where her den was to greet a group of returning Cat Burglars.

Skittleleg padded outside the Warriors Den, then sat down and groomed her pelt. She tasted Skittles and kept on grooming her fur in till she looked sleeked and well-groomed.

Fruitsalad ran through the forest, gasping for breath. Birds were chasing him and trying to eat his tail. "Why am I running from prey?!" He yowled. Bugs became stuck to his kiwi paws. Fruitsalad spit seeds at some of the birds, but there were still some coming. Fruitsalad yowled into camp as the birds chased him around in circles.

Swiftflip ran to Skittleleg and Fruitsalad. "Hello!"

"Oh-" He gasped for breaths. "Hi-ohmygawdimoutofshape-" He gasped again. "Hi,Swiftflip, now's not the best- ohmygawdineedtogotothegymsobad." He heaved. Fruitsalad kept spitting seeds at the birds, then ran into the warriors den.

Bubblefang popped her head out of the medicine cat den then went over to the entrance to the warriors den- "Fruitsalad? Ummm are you hurt? Looks like that prey pecked your tailpretty bad." Bubblefang asked with an amused voice.

MilkshakeBOOM slided into the camp, holding some feathers in her mouth. "Mah gawsh luk wut I found!" MilkshakeBOOM mumbled, feathers falling from her mouth. She shuffled to the nursery and stuffed it in a kits mouth. "Dut will keep your mouth warm!" MilkshakeBOOM yipped.

Fruitsalad calmed down as the birds vanished into thin air. He looked at Bubblefang. "Of course I'm hurt! There are bugs all over me! And my tail really hurts..." He stroked what was left of his orange tail. "I'm gonna have to stick myself in the ground again, and someone will have to water me everyday."

Flossyfur stretched his fluro pink coat and licked his stripes, purring at the taste. "umg. Yush." He proceeded to lick himself. Standing up, he look at his freshly grromed coat which looked scruffier than ever. "MORNING." He yowled and skipped out of camp. It was the late afternoon.

ChurroStar lay on her back in the middle of camp, mouth open slightly and staring at the sky. "That cloud looks like a bunneh wabbit .3." She meowed pawing at the air. She turned onto her side to face where Fruitsalad was complaining to Bubblefang. She rolled her eyes as she saw his devoured tail and muttered, "Ugh, birds. Must be getting close to New-Leaf then." She looked at her own leafy tail, it was welting slightly. "Good. I could do with some more sunlight." She frowned.

Bubblefang laughed. "Come on, lets see what I can do for half eaten tails." Bubble- fang flicked her tail signalling for Fruitsalad to follow her to the medicine cat den.

Fruitsalad followed her. He glanced up and sighed to see that his grape leaf was alright. It was tied down to a tree branch.

Skittleleg snorted as the birds flew away and sat down, and she then lashed her skittle tail.

Bubblefang examined Fruitsalad's tail then grabbed some golden rod and chewed it into a paste and applied it to Fruitsalad's tail. "Do you have any scratches? Dock will do for any scratches that aren't very bad." Bubblefang still had a hint of amusement in her voice.

"No. I just want my tail back." He said anxiously. Fruitsalad always made an excuse to groom his self so he can taste his orange tail. This is why so many bugs got on him and attempted to eat him, since he was always out rolling in something dirty.