Chapter 2: The Battle with the Snickerfoxes

Fruitsalad quickly grabbed SkittleLeg by the scruff and dragged her into a nearby den. He slid out his claws made of orange slices and barred his coconut teeth. Skittleleg still hasn't woken up, but her breathing is fine.

Flossyfur nodded slightly and slid off as silently as he could to alert the rest of Clanclan, bolting at full speed,as fast as his paws would take him. He skidded to a halt spraying a shower of chocolate coconut dirt. "Clanclan! assemble! There is a Snickerfox attack I need a patrol to take!"He ordered.

ChurroStar flicked her tail agitatedly but still kept a cautious gaze on the Snickerfoxes. "Gawsh, where is Flossyfur with that patrol?!" She hissed to her clan mates behind her. Skittleleg then opened her eyes. "Ughhh..." She groaned as she felt pain. She then got up and stumbbled back to camp.

Fruitsalad didn't leave his gaze from the Snickerfoxes. "I. Have. No. Idea." He said under his breath, loud enough for Churrostar to hear only. A steady rumbling shook the bushes in the distance and a bright pink coat with blue swirls bolted into the clearing, followed by a blurring swarm of furry bodies, as they tackled the Snickerfoxes, biting and clawing viciously.

ChurroStar hurled herself at the nearest Snickerfox, slicing its nose open with the tip of her sugary claw. The fox yelped and jumped back in surprise before trying to bite her as she clawed at its flank. The fox whipped around and aimed a heavy blow at her but she quickly slid under it and battered at its soft nougat belly with her hind claws.

Flossyfur raked his candy-cane claws over a Snickerfox's hokey-pokey muzzle when saw Skittleleg staggering weakly to camp. He sprinted as fast as his paws would take him and slid under her, getting his belly caked in chocolate dirt. Flossyfur galloped the rest of the way back to Clanclan, a floppy Skittleleg lying on his broad, candy floss-fluffy shoulders.

ChurroStar's eyes widened as she watched a warrior scoff down a Snickerfox. A lightbulb lit up in her mind, "Of course! Why didn't I think of this before!?" She yowled. "ATTENTION CLANCLAN!" She cried, "LET ZEM EAT SNICKERS!" She joined a group of cats and helped them take down one of the foxes and took the first bite of its ear. "Mmmmm, nutty." She mewed through a mouthful. Her clan mates soon were also tucking in to the Snickerfox and purring with enjoyment at the huge feast. Fruitsalad sighed. "I guess it wouldn't hurt to try chocolate." He thundered through the clearing, his orange slice claws unsheathed. He hurled himself at a small snickerfox, gripping onto it's back with his claws. He bit into it's ear, tearing it off. His eyes twinkled and he started eating more.

Bubblefang rapidly prepared herbs for injured cats. A Snickerfox lurched into the medicine cat den, it smelled like chocolate. "Yuck! I hate chocolate!" Bubblefang pounced onto its back and took a bite of its fur tasting the disgusting chocolate. Bubblefang nearly threw up. Flossyfur launched himself onto the Sninckerfox, glomping it down and slid Skittleleg off her back. "She's bleeding." Fossyfur burped quietly as he mewed. "Excuse me."

Bubblefang looked around desperatly. She couldn't eat another bite of this chocolate stuff even if she wanted to. She saw some mouse bile tucked away neatly at the back of a deep crack so she didn't smell it all the time. Bubblefang reached into the crack and and shoved the puke flavored mouse bile into the Snickerfox's face. It ran out of the camp with the bile dripping from its face. Bubblefang saw Skittleleg and rushed over to examine Skittleleg.

ChurroStar finished off her Snickerfox ear before sitting up and giving her churro flavoured paws a quick wash. "I'm going to head back to camp. Bring back any leftovers for later." She announced. She broke of the Snickerfox tail and took it for the kits and elders who couldn't come to the feast and padded off to camp. Fruitsalad nodded, then stared at a Snickerfox with no hind legs. It whimpered at the sight of Fruitsalad, and limped off to a Cookie-Crumb cliff. He grunted with satisfaction and followed Churrostar's route to camp.

Skittleleg was bleeding from the paw, pelt, and ear. She then opened her eyes more, revealing pain and fear in them.

ChurroStar took the Snickerfox tail to the nursery where the queens broke off a suitable portion size for themselves and their kits. Then proceeded to the elders den to let them have the rest. She yawned and retreated to her den to sleep after a long day of fighting and eating. She nodded a thanks to Bubblefang and meowed, "Do I sleep here for tonight? Or go to the warriors den?"

Fruitsalad yawned drowsily. He lay in the warrior's den, snuggled up in his nest that's shaped like a fruitbowl. He lay on a pillow shaped like a strawberry. Skittleleg curled in the Medicine Cart den and slept.

As if sharing the same brain, the cats in Clanclan all thought "Another day well spent!"