YOU LOVE HIM (II)

a/n: sorry for a short delay! been trying to figure out how i wanted to continue this haha
-

"are you serious? you really love this dick who abuses the people around him- including his own sister?" steve asked you, his shock level on high.

you didn't look up at him but continued to play with the bracelet nancy had given you in a gift exchange during a christmas party back in middle school.

"look," you told him, standing up and walking over to the window. "it's not like i meant to but something in him changed one day when we were hanging out together and something just happened in my heart, steve. i'm sorry."

he shook his head. "don't apologize to me but apologize to yourself for thinking that you could really love him."

with that, he swiftly opened your window and climbed out of it as you shut it and turned back around. tears were pooling in your eyes.

your phone rang beside your bed as you went over to it, picking it up, and sitting with your back hunched over slightly.

"hello?" you said into the phone, trying to bite your lip to keep tears from spilling over.

"____, ____, _____," you hear billy's voice on the other side of the line. your heartbeat quickened as you swallowed thickly.

"hi, billy," you told him.

"so, what are you doing home on a fine night like tonight when you could either come over or go to a party with me?" he said.

your eyes glanced towards your closed window and then your door and then replied.

"can we go to the party?" you asked him softly.

he chuckled into the phone.

"good choice, i'll be outside of your house in fifteen minutes. don't be late."

you hung up the phone, letting out a heavy sigh before going over to your closet and changing out of the large t shirt you had on.

you took a deep breath in, remembering steve's words of his own personal wisdom.

'apologize to yourself for thinking you could really love him'

you blinked back the tears, wiping one stray runaway before opening your eyes once more and inhaling.

releasing it, you gave yourself a smile.

everything was going to be okay in the end.

right?

-
"yeah, this is my girl right here," billy told the guys at the party you both had gone to. you were staring at the drink in your hand, taking a few sips after getting bored of the game you were playing with the spiked punch.

"billy, i need more," you told him. he nodded, letting you go to get more of the punch. you took this time to scoop up an entire solo cup full and down it, chugging as the guys near you cheered and the girls soon joined in.

"chug! chug! chug!" they all chanted.

you smiled, feeling the words steve told you begin to slip from your thoughts and turn into a distance fuzz.

another cup, another chant, another cup, another chant, another cup.

it was an endless seeming cycle before you finally tossed your cup out into the crowd and smiled, your vision becoming very dizzy.

"is the room spinning?" you asked someone next to you, placing a hand on their shoulder. they just laughed, pointing at your drunken state.

"where's billy?" you asked aloud, seeing him standing over with the guys still. you blinked a few times before deciding to walk over.

on your way, you began to get dizzy and see the room before you spin at a crazy speed. you continued towards billy who only pulled you closer to him.

your dizzy and fuzzy eyes looked up to see him standing there, a cigarette in between his lips as you smiled in your drunken state.

"cigarette," you muttered. he looked down at you, his grasp on your back not leaving. "cigarette," you said louder.

he took out his from in between his lips and handed it to you, seeing you immediately cough when taking it. he chuckled.

you tried again, getting it the next time.

you smiled.

steve's words were far from your mind right now. everything he said to you about billy was slipped out and replaced with your thoughts of the taste of the punch, the cigarette, billy.

billy looked over at you, seeing your fuzzy eyes staring at the smoke coming from the end of the cigarette, a smile on his lips as you put it back to yours, taking a puff.

the guys around him continued to talk, but billy was only paying attention to you.

"hey, why-"

billy cut you off, his hand resting on the lower part of your back as you drunkenly stared up at him. the cigarette was still in between your fingers as he slid it out and put it back in between his lips.

"god, i love you, _____," he said.

you blinked a few times, a drunken smile blooming on your lips as you stared up at him. you let out a small hum of satisfaction as he pulled you closer to him.

maybe steve was wrong.

-
part three is coming!

treat people with kindness.

-katherine