Chapter one- new mom?

Ava^^^^

Chapter 1:
Ava's POV:
Hi my name is Ava Louise Charlton and I'm 14 years old. I have brown hair and hazel eyes I'm also 5'3, I live with my dad because my mum passed away a few years ago, let's just say I didn't take it very well I had depression for a while but I'm slowly curing from the accident. My doctor says I'm doing well and has stopped giving me tablets which is good I think.
I'm currently sitting on my sofa with my blankets watching Netflix and eating my pizza I order 20 minutes ago, half way through my movie my dad, Harry, and his girlfriend, Racheal, comes through the door looking really happy. I am super happy for my dad that he has found someone new and all I want is for him to be happy but it's not the same without my mum here.
My dad decides to come sit next to me and take a slice of my pizza I slap his hand away "hey! If you want some, order some" he just laughs and says " sorry pumpkin, anyway me and Racheal here have some news." I nod my head telling him to continue, " so you know how Racheal and I been dating a while, well I've asked her to marry me and she said yes! I'm really happy Ava and I really do love her." To say the least I was actually really shocked and just a tad bit sad but if my dad loves her then there's nothing I can do anyways Racheal is really lovely so I think they would be good together!

I genuinely smile at the happy couple and say " dad I'm really happy for you and I couldn't think of anyone better than Racheal to be your wife. I love you dad." He smiles back at me and hugs me, as we pull apart he looks at me and tells me "also we are going to be moving in with Racheal tomorrow morning so go and pack your stuff honey." I stood there shocked at what he just said to me. You see I live in Texas and my dads new fiancé lives in California, that's like two states over now you see why I'm so shocked-
I was pulled out of my thoughts when my dad tapped my shoulder "honey, you good?"
He says as he tilts his head slightly to the right "am I good? Dad that's two states over. What about my school? What about my friends? What about this home I grew up in?"
He just sends a small smile at me and says "well as for your school, you'll start a new school in California. As for your friends you'll make new ones. And for our home here we'll make new memories over there." I put on a fake smile and say "okay, well I'm gonna go  pack and to sleep" they both say night to me and I walk up the stairs to my room and start my packing.

I packed all my clothes, shoes and undergarments I also packed up some belongings I have and my mums necklace she gave to me. I have some photos of my friends, since we're Going on a plane I decided to pack some hand-luggage I put some books in with my mints to suck on while we're flying. As I was just finishing the last little bits of my packing I looked at my phone that said 11:15pm even thought it's late I need to call my friends, Mia and Sophie and tell them that I'm moving to California and won't see them for a while. After my phone call I put my phone on charge and fell asleep thinking about what my new life is going to be like in California!

**************************
Hey guys. This is my first story so go easy on me people! :)
I hope you enjoy this chapter I haven't really done that on this day this chapter will be out it's more like I'll try to upload when I can! Sorry for the short chapter!
Peace out buttercups✌🏻