Denial

Jameel woke to an empty bed. He checked the house to make sure, it was like she'd never been there. He thought last night might have been a dream, but he could still feel Aaliyah's lips on his.

Aaliyah sat on a bench, tired. She had been walking for hours. She couldn't believe last night had happened. She wasn't that sort of girl. Suddenly, she felt someone sit next to her.

"What do you want?" she asked

"To talk."

"About what?"

"You know what about."

"It was a mistake. It shouldn't have happened. I'm not that sort of girl."

"But it did happen."

"Like I said, it was a mistake."

Aaliyah quickly ran off. She didn't know what was happening to her, and it terrified her. I need a distraction she thought and quickly booked herself a getaway. Her doorbell went and she quickly answered it. She was shocked to see Jameel. Aaliyah tried to slam the door in his face, but as if he was anticipating it, he quickly put his foot in the door.

"Go away." she yelled 

Jameel quickly burst in and said "I know this sounds crazy, but ever since I've met you, I've felt drawn towards you. I've felt feelings I didn't even know I had. It's crazy because we've just met, and I know you feel the same, otherwise last night wouldn't have happened."

"I'm going away soon, so whatever you thought you felt, it's probably infatuation. I don't have these feelings. I told you last night was a mistake. I hate love."

"No, you don't hate love. You hate me"

"Fine, whatever. Can you leave now?"

Jameel grabbed Aaliyah's arm and leaned in for a kiss. Aaliyah kissed him back, then pushed him away. "Don't tell me you didn't feel that?" "I felt nothing." Aaliyah lied.

Jameel looked hurt, but left. Aaliyah fell to the floor, crying. What was happening to her?