Chapter 11: It all began with Natsume

3 weeks later

School was awkward, I didn't know where I stood with Fuuto or if I even liked him. My emotions were in a jumble and I wanted answers, of course I couldn't talk with him because of his work. So, I ended up talking with my sister. She's been giving me good advice, and I've decided my actual feelings for him.
Flashback
This all started with Natsume, and my sister Aimi. I remember when they first started dating, I was 6. It was also the first time Yusuke and I met. Aimi and I walked through the door, Natsume introduced himself to me and introduced me to the small red haired boy hiding behind him.
"This is Yusuke." He smiled. I cautiously shook Natsume's hand, then made my way to the small shy boy.
"I'm Kira." My voice was bubbly and projective. Yusuke cautiously shook my hand and said
"Yusuke." His face was a bright red and he continued to hide behind Natsume. I smiled and asked "Do you like video games?" His face brightened and he said "Yeah..." "COOL! What games do you have?!" I asked. He stepped out from behind Natsume and thought about it.
"I've got this cool racing game." He said.
"Wanna go play?" I asked. He glanced at his big brother as if asking for permission, Natsume nodded and said "You two go have fun." I grinned at him and followed Yusuke to his room. Since then, we've been good friends. When I had first started second grade, was when I first met Fuuto. He was a quiet kid who liked to brag about his siblings, it always confused me that someone so little could have such a big ego. Besides that, the only time he actually participated in class events was during choir. And, to my surprise... I guess it payed off. Because, here he is making music for a living.
End of flashback
I was roaming the streets, when I stumbled across a stone struck Ema. Her face was so pale, it scared the living daylights out of me.
"Ema?!" I gasped. She turned to me, and I could see the fear in her eyes. I hugged her tight and asked,
"What happened?!"
"Subaru... Natsume... arguing..." She stuttered. She hugged me back and I gently rubbed her back. I pulled away and placed my hands on her shoulders,
"What happened?"
"Well..." she sighed. She pulled tighter on her light brown scarf and pulled it over her mouth a bit.
"Can we talk at home?" She finally spoke.
"Yeah, of course." I responded. We walked home and we sat down at the kitchen table.
"Subaru spotted Natsume with me, and well he..." Ema's voice was shaky as she retold the story.
"Subaru punched Natsume, then Natsume said he loved me and..." I hitched my breath when she mentioned what Natsume said, so both him and Yusuke? I wonder who else. Just as Ema finished telling me what happened, Yusuke busted through the door.
"EMA. HOW'D YOU DO ON YOUR EXAMS?!"
He was out of breath as if he'd just run a mile.
"Oh! Yusuke, hi! I think I did alright, it's to early to be sure." A smile tugged at his lips as he walked towards us,
"I was just curious." He awkwardly laughed. I smiled and noticed that his jaw was clenched.
"Are you ok?" I asked him. He spun towards me and smiled weakly,
"I'm just nervous." He confessed.
"Don't be, I'm sure you did great." Ema smiled. He blushed and mumbled
"Thanks."
🙂🙃🙂
I lay on my bed that night, and began to think about my year so far. It was coming to an end fast, and I wanted to end it off good. I figured I'd talk to Fuuto as soon as he got back, no excuses... I'll just come right up and tell him what I feel. He gets on my nerves any chance he gets, but I can't deny the butterflies that fly around my stomach when he comes close to me.
Do I like Fuuto Asahina, do I like like him?
no, No, NO, NO!
I DO NOT LIKE HIM. I REFUSE TO LIKE A GUY WHO CONSTANTLY TEASES ME, AND MESSES WITH MY HEART. Anyways, I fell asleep and woke up at 4:30 in the morning to a loud crash of thunder.
"AGHH!!!" I screeched. I could barely catch my breath as I stared out my window. It was pouring rain, I decided to go into the kitchen and get a hot cup of tea.
"It's a little early for tea."
I knew that voice, all to well.
There standing in a suit and tie, was the person I'd been needing to talk with.

Fuuto Asahina.

" Fuuto-" He placed a finger over my lips and shushed me.
"Stop." I growled. He smirked and patted my head. My eyebrows furrowed in frustration and I said,
"Listen. I want you to stop teasing me."
"Now, what's that supposed to mean?" He snickered "Are you that stupid?" I rose my voice, his expression went from playful to complete and utter shock.
"What the h*ll's your problem?" He asked. I gave him a glare and said "You're constantly teasing me, and messing with my head. It's not fair to either of us." His expression was stone cold, then with a laugh that sent shivers down my spine... he spoke
"Oh sweetie, you thought you and I had something? You really are stupid, either way I get what I want when I want it." My eyes widened in anger and frustration as he pulled my face closer to his,
"Does this make you nervous? Am I teasing you? Is this what you meant?" He laughed. I slapped him across the face, and watched as he stumbled back.
"WILL YOU SHUT UP. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN. ALL OF THIS IS SICKENING." My voice was loud, but not loud enough for people to hear. He stood up and grabbed me by the wrist, now pulling me closer to him.
"Are you insane?! Do you have any idea who I am?! Or have you and that dumb a** sister of yours, been living under a rock?" He growled. I stood in complete silence as I let the insult sink in,
"Don't... You... EVER... say ANYTHING... ABOUT MY FAMILY." I yelled. You could see the anger in his eyes, that anger faded as he realized I had begun to shed tears. His face turned soft and fear filled his eyes, that look... I will never forget the way he looked at me. I shut my eyes tightly, and ran into my room. I locked the door behind me and looked out the window angrily. I clenched my fist and punched my pillow repeatedly, I punched it until I felt my body begin to tire. I bawled quietly and crawled into my bed, knowing darn well I wouldn't get much sleep.
                                         🙂🙃🙂
I woke up around 10, the room was still as the smell of rain leaked through my window. I sat up and heard a knock on my door,
"Who is it?!" I yelled.
"Me." The voice was cold and harsh, I pulled on my robe and opened the door.
"Hey." I said, my voice was raspy and I looked the person in the eye. As I predicted, it was Fuuto standing at the door. He didn't say anything, all he did was hold out his hand. His fist was clenched as he held something small. He opened it up, and handed it to me.
"Take it back." He said.
In my hands I held a small teddy bear, which held a microphone. I looked up to ask Fuuto why, but he was gone. I felt my eyes tear up a bit as I clenched the bear in my hand.
"I really am a jerk." I hissed. I threw the bear on my bed and crawled into a ball against my bed. Why did I ever fall for his crap, am I that stupid?
Or had I fallen for him, is that what happened?
Whatever it was, I'll never do it again. No matter the circumstance, I will never go through what I have this year. As the day passed on, I got a call from Aimi.
"Hey sis!" Her voice is always so upbeat and peppy, no matter what's happening.
"Hey." I said.
"Guess what!" She asked, I thought about it and said,
"What?"
"Me and Takeshi were able to find a house, we want you to live with us until you go to college!" She exclaimed.
I could barely believe it,
"You're kidding?" I asked.
"Nope!!! We've already moved most of our stuff in, so what do you say?" She asked. I fixed my eyes on the stuffed bear, and responded
"Absolutely."