accidental love | jake gyllenhaal

A/N: This is one of several Jake Gyllenhaal one-shots I've written for my best friend.

DO NOT REPOST MY WORK.

Also, I'm in this one! Whoo! I get to be your bff in this one guys! And why are you picking up your best friend's son and not your own? Because MY bff HATES kids and swears she'll never have any. So you gotta pick up my kid instead. I had to remove so many inside jokes, lol. But basically my son is mini me, so there's that.

And why not just edit the story? Because I'm lazy and I like the way it is, so there.

Summary: While picking up your best friend's son from school, you meet a dashing stranger - who just happens to be the one who wrecked your bumper.

Warnings: fender bender, awkwardness, my made-up crazy son

Word Count: 1.5 K

Music: Forbidden Friendship by John Powell

Your fingers drummed against the steering wheel as one of your favorite songs broadcasted on a local station. As you bob your head to the beat, your gaze shifts towards the front doors of the elementary school you were parked in front of. A quick glance to your dash told you it was only minutes until your best friend's son would come barrelling out of the glass doors and into his car seat. As the song faded and another began, you turned the knob on your radio, hunting for a different tune. As the different statics and beats of songs blurred in and out, a sudden and abrasive jolt lurched you forward.

When you raised your head, you found your knuckles turning white from the tightening grip you had on the wheel. Adrenaline surged through you as your mind raced, trying to evaulate what on earth just happened. You look in your rear view mirror and find the perpetrator; a slick black SUV that was clearly far to close to your bumper, close enough to ram into it. Through the front windshield, you could vaguely make out the shape of a man with a hand clamped over his mouth. You huffed out a shakey, flustered breath.

You opened your door and shot out of your car, jogging to the bumper. You gasped as your eyes took in the sight; it was crumpled mess of metal and beyond bruised. It was unsalvagable. The paint was all but scraped off and the entire shape of your bumper was deformed and hanging half-hazardly from your car.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I'll pay for the repairs, I swear!" You heard the rambling of a man's voice from your right, directing your attention to his features as he drew near you.

The breath from your lungs seemed to escape you.

He was simply beautiful - with starry blue eyes, a perfectly shaped smile, and hair that was kept smoothed to the side, but not too neat.

"Golly!" You heard the voice of your adoptive nephew call, just as his warm hazel eyes found the ruined heap of metal dangling from your car. "What happened?"

"I'm afraid I happened, buddy. I wasn't paying attention and I rammed right into your car," The dark-haired stranger explained rather sheepishly before turning back to you. "Again, I'm so very sorry. It was completely my fault. I'll handle everything."

You're dang right it's your fault.

"Uh, it's alright. I mean, yes, that would be great if you could help pay for the repairs, but it's alright. It happens."

"Here, I'll give you my phone so you can put your number in."

He flashed a smile as he reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. He entered a few numbers and opened his contacts, then handed the phone to you. You took it and typed your information in, hoping the blush growing in your cheeks ws hidden under your hair. When you handed it back to him, he grinned at the screen.