Chapter 3

America POV:
It's been almost 2 months since I left the place. Almost 2 months since I lost Maxon for good. I've starved before. I've been freezing in my own house wearing layers of clothes. I've seen May be sad because we couldn't get presents on Christmas. I saw Aspen's brother get whipped. I've seen so many horrible things throughout my lifetime. And been through so many awful things. But these last 2 months have been the worst times of my life. It's been bad. Really bad.
Celeste has helped me as much as she can. I tell my family I'm fine. May calls everyday and I try and sound as happy as possible. But I'm not. I started drinking but it's not like I'm an addict. I only drink sometimes. So it's not that bad. I cry all the time though. I also eat a lot less then ever have. I hate myself a little more everyday.
I'm on my way to the palace again. Tomorrow is Maxon's wedding with Kriss. All the selected were invited to stay 3 days. The day before the wedding, today. The wedding day and the day after. Then we all leave the morning after all that. I wasn't going to come. But Celeste didn't want to leave me alone and I didn't want to stay alone either. Natalie lives in the same apartment complex as us, so Celeste, Natalie, and I are all going together. We've also become close.
I only have one plan. Just one thing I need to do. Avoid Maxon. It shouldn't be that hard I just need to stay out of the way, and stop doing stupid things.
I continue to think on how stupid I am and doze of to sleep like that. Just like I do every night, at this point it's a habitat.
~
I wake up to Celeste lightly shaking my shoulder. "Ames, wake up, we're hereee,"
I start blinking my eyes and force myself up. "I'm up" I say as if I never fell asleep. Earning soft giggles from Natalie and Celeste. I look out the window and see the palace getting closer. Until we finally stop in front of the great doors.
Outside wait Prince Maxon and Kriss. Prince Maxon wears a calm smile, and Kriss is practically bouncing on her feet.
Celeste gets off, then Natalie, and then I get off. I look up at Kriss and Prince Maxon and he seems happily surprised. We walk up to them and I avoid looking at Prince Maxon.
"Hello ladies, welcome back and thanks for coming." Maxon says clearly rehearsed.
"Yes thank you so much for coming and celebrating our love with us." Kriss says smiling so wide it must hurt. I cringed at her words, but tried my hardest to not show it. So I put on a small respectful smile.
"You will all be staying in your old rooms, with the same maids." When Prince Maxon said that I couldn't help myself, I looked up at him with a huge smile. I remembered that I'm trying to avoid him and looked at Kriss instead.
"Come on in," She said then looped her arm through his and walked inside, as we followed.

Maxon POV:
I still didn't know if America was coming for the wedding. Tiny, Ashley, Oliva, Briel, Tallulah, and Zoe have already arrived. Marlee lives and works here as a maid so she didn't need to travel. I'm standing with Kriss outside the great doors. One of the limos we send for the girls began pulling in. I was nervous not knowing if America would be in it or not. Or if she was coming at all. The limo stopped right in-front of us. The driver stepped out and opened the door. Celeste and Natalie stepped out, followed by America.
Damn. She was even more beautiful than the last time I saw her. She was wearing no makeup. Her face looked so soft and her eyelashes have a natural curl. I'd never seen her without makeup, or any of the selected for that matter aside from Kriss of course. She was gorgeous I could even see a few freckles on her. Her hair was in a ponytail, she wore a white top with straps, light jeans that were ripped, and white converse.