t w o | w h y

Some people only manage to remember others' faces, and not names. Some know names, and not faces. When it comes to the Symbol of Peace, everyone knows who's behind the green mask, who wears the iron soled shoes and jumps into action every day with crackling green lightning. They know the name: 'Deku', they remember his determined grin, emerald eyes and freckles.

They know his natural wavy, forest green hair that rarely gets cut; They know his matching eyes and lazy grin from all the interviews and magazine covers.

And somehow, they don't notice him unconscious on the subway floor eyes closed and tired, next to a pale, lanky man who practically shriveled next to him.

But, they noticed the chestnut-haired lady wearing dark sunglasses in the dim train. Ochako propped the unconscious bodies in the empty seats next to her, putting pairs of extra cheap, newly-bought black shades over their closed, tired eyes.

She had rushed to the nearest vendor and literally threw her money at them in exchange for whatever might help her get through her sudden conundrum. Maybe slapping the Symbol of Peace with enough power to stop a train wasn't the brightest thing she could have done.

But who could blame her? She decided that he was being a jerk and dealt with the situation in a way that suited her mood. Perfectly understandable from a logical viewpoint, right?

Right?

She was nervous, sitting in the worn subway seat next to two unconscious bodies. What if someone recognized them? What if they recognized her?

She tried to hide her suspiciousness through a too-wide smile that made the old lady, sitting across from her, quite nervous.

It was either her guilt, uneasiness or rage about the topic that made her stomach turn when an advertisement (with The Hero Deku smack-bam in the middle of it) aired on the small subway television. He was sporting his hero outfit and was fighting a villain while drinking energy drinks in different vibrant colors. His straight white teeth shimmered in the pixelated sunlight, his jade eyes twinkling with content.

How different had he become since high school? His teeth never sparkled like that when he drank water in the cafeteria. Well, she had changed too. When was the last time she'd had the urge to cut out his freckles?

Ochako's smile dropped, and she huffed in disappointment. What would she do when he woke up? She knew for a fact there would be no apologies coming from her.

"I think they edited that commercial nicely, don't you think?" A familiar voice comment from her left. She slowly turned to meet the gaze of the same dazzling pair of jade eyes. There was something that lingered there that wasn't in the commercial, something she couldn't quite place. Mischief, slyness, and.... Secrecy...? Contempt instead of content?

She turned to look at Izuku Midoriya in his face. The shades were still there, and the elderly lady with the short silvery hair was happy to know that the unmoving young man was not dead. The shades hid the dark circles that plagued his eyes and some of the paleness that reminded her of paper.

Ochako masked her surprise nicely, desperate to resist him: His devilish charm, stunning wit, clever grin, beautiful eyes, toned muscles. Everything about him was irresistible in a way that sent longing shivers up her spine. " You're conscious already?" She asked in way of greeting. He would not break her. But luck was on her side. The fact that there was only one other on the train besides him, her and the unconscious civilian (that looked happy enough to chill by the window) was comforting.

"I was never unconscious," He grinned. His smugness aggravated her. It wasn't the fact that he'd called her the wrong name; Deep down, she knew this was just an incident she could use as an excuse to take out all her emotions on him. He had abandoned her. Abandoned their class. She understood the fact that it was because of the death of his dear mother. She never met Inko, but she knew that anyone who raised Izuku must have been just as sweet as him. This didn't upset her. If anything, it helped her understood. What she hated is the fact that he used that as a reason enough not to return her calls, texts, snaps, dm's, or anything to contact him. She wanted to help him- desperately.