07. DEAL WITH THE DEVIL

CHAPTER SEVEN
[DEAL WITH THE DEVIL]

The car skid forward, yet Kai didn't flinch

Molly flung forward as the car came to a sudden stop, she breathed heavily as her heart beat rapidly. Kai walked over to Molly's door and ripped it open.

"Seriously?" Kai says, grabbing her arm and pulling her out of the car.

Molly yanked her arm out of his grip. "Stop touching me." She yells at him.

"Stop running away." He responds.

"What do you even want with me?!" Molly says, flailing her arms out to the side. "We're both stuck here, we might as well just go our separate ways until living out our eternity arguing."

"Well, for starters, you're the first girl I've seen in eighteen years, and I need to siphon magic from something if we're gonna get out." Kai says, shoving his hands in his pocket.

Molly raises her eyebrows and scoffs. "So I'm just an object to you? Something to sleep with and take magic from?"

"Well when you put it that way..."

"I'm not helping you." Molly stands her ground. "I really have no reason to get back home, so if it means staying here with you for the rest of my life to prevent you from wiping out an entire coven- then fine."

Molly gets back into the car, and yet again, Kai grabs her arm. But this time he begins to siphon her magic. A red glow emits from his palm, and Molly feels all of her energy being sucked out of her.

He then begins to pull her away from the car. And after he releases her arm, he flicks his hand up— and the car explodes.

Molly flinches and shields her head as reflexes from the loud sound. She begins to pant quickly as she hunkered down near his knees. She slowly rises back up to her feet and the two watch the car burn side by side.

"See," Kai says. "This is what happens when I get mad." He shrugs. Molly closes her eyes and lets out a deep breath, giving up on fighting. "But—" He says, turning to face her. Molly looks up and meets his gaze. "I'll make a deal with you." She raises an eyebrows as if urging him to continue. "If you stick around with me, and help figure out a loophole— then I won't lock you in rooms and grab your arms anymore." Kai says the last part quickly.

Molly let out a genuine laugh. "Oh, so you'll treat me like an actual human being?"

"Yeah, that too." Kai says. He holds his hand out for her to shake. "Deal?"

Molly bites the inside of her lip as she thinks. She glances at him, then down to his hand. 'I don't have anything to lose.'

Molly brings her hand up and shakes his. 

She sat at the end of the table of the huge house that Kai had just broken into. A full plate sat in front of her, Kai all the way across the table.

"Are you going to eat?" Kai asks, shoving a piece of food in his mouth.

"I'm not hungry." Molly mumbles, her eyes trailing off to the ground.

"I made you food." Kai responds.

"Well I'm not hungry." Molly yells, turning to Kai quickly.

Kai widens his eyes and scoffs as he goes to cut more up on his plate. "I think that's a sign that you're hungry." He says under his breath.

"I'm going to bed." Molly says, not awaiting a response as she scoots her chair back and walks up the steps of the house. She finds the farthest bedroom from the stairs and walks inside, shutting and locking the door behind her.

Molly plops on the bed; beginning to sob.

She grabs a pillow and holds it against her body as she cries into it. She needed a good cry, it was healthy.

Molly didn't know what was worse, the fact that she was stuck here— or the fact that the main reasons she wanted to go home was to see her cat.

She wondered if Tyler was happy Molly was gone. Considering he always told her how much he wished she didn't exist. Mayor Lockwood took Molly in a few months before she died, and Tyler always blamed Molly for her death— even though it was Klaus who did it.

She wondered if they were even trying to find her again. Bonnie and Damon were already back, what was the point in going through all the trouble to get Molly back?

She inhaled sharply as she sat up and wiped a tear from her cheek. Molly got up from the bed, sniffling her way to the bathroom.

She looked in the mirror. Her eyes were puffy from crying, and her under eye bags were purple from her lack of sleep. She looked down at her arms, she had bruises from the chains and ropes Kai had had her in just two days prior. She lifts up her shirt and sees her wound had almost healed. She wished it wouldn't take wolfsbane so long to heal— it was just a reminder of what had happened.

Molly wiped her raw eyes, and tucked her brown hair behind her ears.

"One day at a time." She whispered to herself in the mirror. Then he eyes slowly trailed down to the bottle of pills sat on the sink.
She swallowed hard as she stared at it, but grabbed it and flushed the pills before she did anything she regretted again

"Molly?" Kai says from outside the bedroom door. She had forgotten that he even existed for a second before he spoke, Molly ignored him. "Molly—"

She wipes her eyes in the mirror again and walks out of the bathroom towards the door to open it. But the door handle snaps off from the outside and the door swings open.

Kai looks at Molly and raises his eyebrows. "Oh." He says softly.

"What the hell?" Molly says, looking at the doorknob on the ground.

"I thought you tried to escape again." Kai says. The word 'escape' made Molly cringe.

"Checking on me every ten minutes was not apart of this deal." Molly says, crossing her arms and sniffling.

Kai narrows his eyebrows at her confusedly as he examines her face. "Were you— crying?" He questions.

"What does it matter to you?" Molly responds.

"It doesn't." Kai says after a quick pause.

"Are you gonna be okay leaving me alone for a whole night?" Molly asks sarcastically.

Kai smiles proudly. "I don't know you do look very pretty when you sleep." He sighs.

Molly shakes her head at him. "Perv." She breathes out.

Kai smiles at her. "Rest up." He says. "We have a big day tomorrow."