Pilot

I will not do it father. You are selling your daughter, too those monsters. I beg you father don't do this please. As Alexa finished her sentence her father's hand came flying and slapped her on her right cheek, leaving a burning sensation behind that she knew old to well.  This was not the first or last time her father had slapped her. He had been doing it since she was a child, his excuse was that he was teaching her respect.

Don't talk to me with that tone you ungrateful little bitch. Do you understand me. His words where harsh but Alexa was used to it he did not care for her, he only cared for his business and money. He cared for them so much that he sold his daughter to a Mexican cartel. She was supposed to marry the leaders older brother Carlos. Nobody knew who the leader was, but the cartel had grown tremendously over the past 4 years, and now they hold south America, and half of the North. They were expanding to the other continents and it was good for business to have a relationship with them, well at least that was what Alexa was told.

You will do as a I say Alexa, and that's final. Know go get ready we are leaving for dinner in 30.

Alexa could feel a knot in her throat. She asked her self how could her father be so heartless toward her. Trying her best to hold back her tears she exited the room, and ran straight to her room and broke. She cried until a knock no her bedroom door interrupted her. She cleaned her tears but her puffy red eyes would tell that she had been crying. She slowly opened the door, her younger sister stood on the other side with a sad expression on her face.

Was wrong Evelyn? Her sister looked at her and gave her a little smile and opening her arms and then hugged Alexa. Alexa stared crying again. 

We have to do something Alexa we can't just give up, I'm sure father will see that this is so fucked up and won't go through with it.

He doesn't care Evelyn not about me or any one, that's why mom left him.

Don't say that Alexa he loves us he is our father.

If he loved us he would not sell me. You don't understand your not the one that is going to be married to someone she doesn't know. Tomorrow by this time I am going to be married, married to someone I don't love.

Yeah your right, I am so sorry sis. Come on let's get you cleaned up we are leaving for dinner. 

I don't want to go.

You have to, or father will be super angry, you don't even have to talk just sit there and eat. Okay?

Ugh fine.

Alexa washed her face trying to clean the marks her tears had left. Evelyn tried to hide the puffiness in Alexa's eyes with make up. Alexa put her long might night hair in to a middle part low bun. She went to her closet and picked a black long sleeve bodysuit and some black high waisted jeans and a black belt with a gold buckle, she wore a pair of closed toe high heels again black.

Why so much black Alexa? Asked Evelyn with a confused look on her face.

Black represents my mood. Alexa responded with a sadness.

Evelyn sight and said, come on let's go.
*****

The card ride to the restaurant was quiet. When the car came to a stop Alexa looked out the window and saw that they had a rived to one of the most expensive restaurants on New York. Alexa had never been dined in this restaurant before. It was to expensive they couldn't afford it she wonder what could have changed.

As she they entered the restaurant, Alexa felt underdress everyone was in suits and fancy dresses. They followed the hostess and she took them to one of the back rooms where there was 3 people sitting talking in a Spanish, she could not make what they where saying they where talking to fast for her to understand.

Alexa's POV
They sat in a round table, there where 2 man and a woman she sat in between both of them. Father took the sit in front of her and indicated for Evelyn to sit left of him and I right. As we sat they studied our every move, felt uncomfortable it was so tense nobody talked until the waiter came in and explained the menu to Evelyn it was In French I just picked wat the waiter recommended. Then finally my father broke the ice by saying, "well this a fancy place" and looking at the woman. She looked up at my father and asked, you never been here before?

Father shook his head and smiled at her. She just looked at him with an emotionless look.

So, your daughter how old is she?

Soon after she said that I realized who this people where they were the people my father was going to sell me to. I kept my head down and tried my best not to cry.

She is 24 she is also very smart and knows how to cook and clean. I would say she makes a perfect wife. Wouldn't you say so Alexa?

I could feel all eyes where one me and then felt my father pinch my leg so I would respond I shook my head saying yes quietly.

Well cooking and cleaning won't be necessary said the man next to me.

The woman said, has your father told you who we are?

I haven't had the chance to do it I was going to but I was just so busy.

She let out an upset sight, and said I was asking your daughters not you she said it calm and still showed no emotion.

Well, let me formally in introduce myself, my name is Victoria Franco, and this are my brothers Esteban and Carlos Franco. Pleasure to meet you Alexa.