✾ o3; hero inko & hero 'sashi.

The tape recorder was Izuku's only chance at privacy. None of his parents, uncles, aunts, or even his Uncle Sensei snooped around with it. Don't get him wrong, he loved his family, but he was a growing boy. Of course, he wanted at least a bit of privacy. And they respect that.

Izuku called it his Comfort Thingy for a reason, after all.

It was the one thing that grounded him whenever he thinks his family doesn't love him, which was ridiculous. They gave him the tape recorder. They gave him a loving home. He was fed and cared for. He's luckier than those who ended up in the streets when his parents died.

>><<

"Here, Izuku, since you've been a good boy, have this," Mommy Inko said with a soft smile while putting a tape recorder in Izuku's hands. When Inko saw that Izuku was looking over the tape recorder curiously, she said while pointing at the record button, "That's called a tape recorder, it records everything you say if you press this button."

Izuku looked back at her and the tape recorder with stars in his eyes.

"Mommy Inko would give me something like this?" Izuku asked her after a while of him looking back at Inko and the tape recorder. "Yes, baby boy. You can record your analysis, maybe even things you see there if you'd like," Inko chuckled and stood up from her position.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll need to go now,"

>><<

"Is...Is that Matsuo Izuku, then?" Rikuto asked hesitantly after calming himself down from the huge reveal. "We think so, based on the recordings," Naomasa started as he fiddled around to find the 5 other recordings the kid had made. "Here's the other recordings."

"The sooner we listen to them, the sooner we can get down to business."

>><<

"Oh, um, is this thing on? Mommy Inko told me to press this button if I want to record," Izuku muttered to himself before shaking out of his thoughts. "Hi! I'm Matsuo Izuku! Ah, wait no, I'm not Matsuo Izuku anymore..."

"I'm Midoriya Izuku is what I meant!" Izuku said sheepishly, with a bashful smile, even if the tape recorder couldn't see him.

>><<

"Where were his adoptive parents then? Why was this tape recorder in the Daburu Toraburu Couple's house?"

"Take a fucking guess, Rikuto,"

"Hey! I was just asking- Oh..."

>><<

"You might be wondering, 'Why is your name Midoriya Izuku when you said you were Matsuo Izuku?' right?" Izuku asked with a small giggle to himself, as if he was telling this to a friend. "Hehe! It's because I'm adopted!"

"Do you know what that means, Mr. Tape Recorder?"

>><<

"Aizawa-Sensei, help me,"

"Help you to shut up? Gladly,"

"Nah, there's no hope there, but that's not it! The kid's too cute! His giggle can save my life,"

"I sometimes wonder what would've been my life without you,"

>><<

"No? Ah, don't worry! I'll tell you!" Izuku said while giggling in between his words. "Adopted means that new parents will take care of you instead of your original parents when they can't! My mommy and daddy died so, Mommy Inko & Daddy 'Sashi adopted me," Izuku said with a smile on his face, remembering how nice of them to adopt him.