Singing Partner

Mrs. Hong came in the room of her son holding a bowl of soup. The walls of the room was painted serenity with some photos hanging on. The curtains hanging on the either sides of the windows were of rose quartz colour, matching with the wall paint. There was a study table at one corner of the room and a bed at another side. There sat an adorable boy with raven hair and pretty eyes with a pout on his face.

Mrs. Hong sat at the edge of the bed and turned to her son, "Jisoo, here is the soup. Drink this before it gets cold, okay?"

"Okay. And after this can I go outside?", Jisoo asked with hopeful eyes.

"No, you can't."

"But mom I've no more fever now. I'm perfectly fine. Can't I go?", Jisoo started to argue.  "You are still weak, Jisoo. You need a proper rest." was what he got as a reply. And with that Mrs. Hong left the room before giving a sweet and small peck on his forehead.

Jisoo let out a  sigh. It was just his second month in the school before he had a terrible flu and ended up in the bed for 10 days. Even after he got cured his mother was not letting him go outside. So practically he had been in the bed for 17 days and he was getting really really bored. He finished his soup and grabbed his guitar which lied next to him and started strumming on his favourite song and singing along.

Naegero wa naegero wa
Naege neon gipeun sup namu
Neoui aneseo sum swineun gomaumi neomu keo
Geuneure sumeo isseul ttae gajireul pyeo
Bicheul nanwojuneun ttaseuhame
Nae seulpeumi noga neol wihan wiroga
Doego sipeo himi deul ttaen

Soon enough another voice was there to accompany him again. The boy's voice was so good, so soft and so smooth that Jisoo always thought he was hearing an angel singing. Though he had heard the boy singing before, the boy was still a mystery to Jisoo, as he had just heard him but had never seen. 

Naegero wa naegero wado dwae eonjedeun
Naegero wa neoege gidaeitdeon nacheoreom
Nun nogeun deusi sarajin seulpeumgwa
Neoui otjarage meomun nae nunmuldo
Nal jikyeojun sigani cham gomawo
Nan neoramyeon da gwaenchanheunikka naegero wa

The first time Jisoo heard the boy was a week ago when he was singing while lying in bed. The boy was singing the same song as he was singing. He was mesmerized by the boy's voice and soon he figured that the voice was coming from the window opposite of his own. The boy's voice hold a lot of things. It seemed as if he wanted to tell something through his singing - his love, his dedication, his loneliness. Jisoo doesn't know why he felt that way, but he wanted to comfort the boy, he wanted to make him happy and comfort him.

Neon naui yuilhan namu eonjena byeonhaji anhneun maeum
Nan neoui juwil dolmyeo sasil cham gippeosseo
Eonjena nal jikyeobwa jwoseo
Nae seulpeumi noga neol wihan wiroga
Doego sipeo himi deul ttaen

Jisoo moved in Korea with his parents four months ago. And ever since he had lived here, he had noticed that the window  was never open. He had thought that no one lived in that room. But after hearing the sound of the boy singing from there, he wanted to meet that boy, hug him, comfort him and thank him for making him feeling less lonely when he was lying in bed due to sickness and to promise the boy that he would also be there for him, always. Jisoo wondered why he had never seen the boy ever since he came here. He wondered how he looked like, how it was like to talk to him, to meet him in person. He wondered which school the boy attended to. He wondered what it would be like to be his friend. The boy continued singing with his angelic voice. 

Naegero wa naegero wado dwae eonjedeun
Naegero wa neoege gidaeitdeon nacheoreom

Nun nogeun deusi sarajin seulpeumgwa
Neoui otjarage meomun nae nunmuldo
Nal jikyeojun sigani cham gomawo
Nan neoramyeon da gwaenchanheunikka naegero wa

Naegero wa naui wiroga neoegero gal su itdamyeon
Naui sowoneun igeollodo chungbunhae Ooh

Naegero wa naegero wado dwae eonjedeun
Naegero wa neoege gidaeitdeon nacheoreom

Jisoo wondered how this boy came in his life. The boy, who he does not know, the boy, who he had never seen, was becoming the part of his life. And the most strange thing was that he was not complaining. Rather he was grateful for him that he had accompanied.He was always expecting the boy. He was enjoying every moment. He want to assure the boy that he can come to him if anythings happens. He really want to meet him, the boy, who became his singing partner.

Mae sunganmada keojineun gippeumgwa
Nae otjarage meomul neoui nunmuldo
Hamkkehal sigani neomu gomawo
Nan neoramyeon da gwaenchanheunikka naegero wa

The next day Jisoo was finally allowed to go outside. The first thing came in his mind was that boy, his singing partner. So the first thing he did after he came back from school was to ring the bell of their neighbor's door. He was excited to meet the boy but at the same time little nervous too. The door opened, revealing a woman in her late forties. 

"Good evening, Mrs. Yoon." Jisoo greeted polietly.

"Oh, good evening to you too, Jisoo. Come in,come in.", Mrs. Yoon said with a smile. Jisoo sat in the living room talking with Mr. and Mrs. Yoon about his school. He was there to meet with the boy but he was nowhere to be seen. So he decided to ask them,"Mrs. Yoon, where is your son? I have been waiting to meet him and thank him in person for accompanying me with his voice when I was sick. His voice is really soft and sweet. But I guess he is not home. When will he be coming back?"

The look on their face made Jisoo feel strange. They had shocked expression on their faces but their eyes hold great pain. Their eyes were shining with unshed tears. 

"How is this even possible...", was all he got as a reply. He was about to ask what was not possible and why were they reacting like that when Mr. Yoon started to speak softly, holding his wife's hand, "Jeonghan. Our son's name is Jeonghan. We know he had very nice and soft voice and can sing very well... But Jisoo...what you said... is not possible."

Jisoo was more than confuse by now. He didn't know what Mr. Yoon was saying. "I'm sorry Mr. Yoon. But why are you saying that it's not possible?"

"Because... Six months ago he died because of cancer."