i

Evan's my best friend apparently.

Oh goody.

This whole "Connor Project" thing has been happening for a while now. I don't know how to feel about it.

I don't really feel anything anymore.

I gotta say, being dead is a little boring. The most fun I've had has been watching my family believe all this bullshit Evan's making up.

When he first came over, he seemed like he didn't really want to lie.

Ha, guess he didn't get what he wanted.

I was trying so hard not to burst out laughing as Evan explained our totally real orchard visit. He really did make it sound like we were gay lovers. I could see in my parents faces that they kinda thought that too, which pissed me off and amused me at the same time.

Then on the sidelines, Evan and Jared are writing shit emails. Like, extremely shitty. They don't sound like me at all. Which just makes it more hilarious to see my family believe it. My family is hella stupid.

Zoe's really the only one who was skeptical. But she was skeptical of the wrong things. She thought Evan was the dude offering me pot.

Basically this entire thing is playing out like a reality TV show.

And it's fucking hilarious.

It's not like the Connor Project is the only thing I've been watching. I've been watching over old teachers, old friends, complete strangers.... him.

It's not healthy for me to think about him though.

On this particular night, I found myself drifting to the Hansen household. Usually it's not a coincidence decision when I run in to Evan, but tonight just felt like one of those nights, yknow?

I saw a pizza man outside the door, waiting impatiently. I had a sneaking suspicion that he's been there for about 2 minutes and 34 seconds, waiting for someone to to get the pizza from him.

I closed my eyes and opened them again, my perspective changing from mine to his. I was seeing what he was seeing. It wasn't necessarily possessing him, but I could see out of his eyes. Ghosting 101.

Finally the door opened, but Evan wasn't the one standing there, Jared was. He looked pissed.

"Pepperoni, right?" He asked the pizza man. "No... pineapple?"

Yeah, he was definitely pissed.

The pizza man nodded and Jared handed him a 20. He took it and gave Jared his pizza. He nodded slightly and said, "Tip?"

Jared looked up at him and fetched two dollars out of his wallet. "Today's your lucky day." He said. His cocky words weren't reflected in his tone, which was bitter. He definitely had something on his mind.

And I had a sneaking suspicion that it had something to do with Evan and pillows.

Jared thanked the pizza man and closed the door. I blinked and my perspective shifted back to myself.

Now, I'm not really the curious type, but being a ghost and all, it's just kinda fun to burst in to other people's business.

I saw Jared walk up the steps to Evan's room, taking out his phone. As he walked in to Evan's room, he put the phone to his ear (even though it wasn't even turned on), and said, "Urg, fine. Bye, mom."

He was faking a call.

Jared put the pizza box down on the edge of Evan's bed. He opened it and took a piece and put it on a plate before looking at Evan and saying, "I'll take this to go. My mom wants me home now."

"Wha- why?" Evan said, and I couldn't help but feel a little bad for the kid. I had a feeling that he wanted to talk to Jared about something. Something.

"I don't know! She just does!" Jared yelled at Evan, before taking a breath and whispering, "See you tomorrow."

Something was happening between them. Something pretty big.

And I had a sneaking suspension that it had to do with little queer Evan here, and Jared.

---

Published: 6/30/19
Word Count: 666 (I'm not even joking.)