Revive Us

After everything on Monday happened I tried to keep a low profile.

Almost that whole week passed. It was now Friday. Me and Landon worked harder to make sure I could for sure get this son of a bitch on the ground.

I could tell he kinda hesitated to ask if we wanted to take things more seriously. He didn't seem like the type to be a hit it, and quit it guy.

"Eva," He looks me in the eyes. He took drink from his water bottle.

"Yeah?" I ask concerned.

"We never got to talk about Monday." He finishes.

"I had a great time...I had an amazing time." I correct myself.

"But?" He asks sadly.

"But, it won't work out with everything going on. There are already too many people in danger because of me." I say figeting with my hands.

"I can help you through it. I want to be with you Eva." He holds my hand.

"Don't say that." I say shaking my head, looking at the ground.

"Say what?" He questions moving closer to me.

"That you want to be with me. No person ever truly wants to be with me. I am too much of a mess. I'll just drag you down." I walk towards the mirrors.

"Fine," He follows. I was tying my hair up in a bun.

"I need to be with you. I need you. You make me happy. I want to make you happy. I have never met anyone like you. " He turns me to him.

"We can't deny that we have a bond. We've grown on each other. I want to keep us going in a deeper way. Make it official." He says, pulling me in by my waist.

"This is too much. Too much for anyone to handle. My last-" I cut myself off thinking of Colby. How it effected him seeing everything that my life brought towards him. All because he loved me.

"Are you sure you can handle it?" I say. He wraps his arms around me, embracing me.

"Yes I can." I look up and kiss him. He kisses back. I kiss him more deeply. I take him to his office.

I immediately strip myself of all my clothing.

"Might wanna lock that door." I tell him. He locks it and starts touching my heat. I moan.

So much for leaving men out of the picture.

After steamy sex.

I was waiting for Yvette. Landon had to do something really important. It had to do with with training building. I told him she could pick me up.

While waiting, I saw the one person I wanted, but didn't want to see.

Just when I thought everything would be okay. For the most part.

Colby came and sat next to me. I was at the bus stop bench right next to Landon's training building.

"Hi stranger." His voice. I missed it so much.

"Hi." I say not looking at him.

"What are you doing here?" He asks, looking towards the buildings that we're behind us.

"I could ask you the same question." I say. This time looking at the ground.

"Well, I came to catch a bus. Little did I know, here you were." He scoots closer.

"Haven't seen you around school lately." I say, hoping he would tell me why.

"Yeah, it's complicated." He says. I roll my eyes.

"I assumed you would say that." I look him in the eyes.

I could tell he hasn't slept in days.

"Life is hard. You of all people know that."

"Well, that explains the never answering my phone calls. I assumed you just gave up on me too. Life is hard." I say, using his words.

"That explains why that dude over there is staring me down. I would assume you moved on." He waved at Landon. I rolled my eyes.

I wave at Landon to go ahead and go. To let him know I can take care of it. Landon gets in his car driving away.

"Yeah, because that is what you do when your boyfriend completely forgets about you the second you walk out the door. Not to mention right after get drunk and screw around while I try and figure out how to stop my murderer of a father." The bus got here.

"I'm sorry I didn't want to come off rude after everything. Eva, I can explain. I can. I just need you to trust me." The bus went along. He probably wasn't even here for a bus.

"I'm done trusting. Why are you actually here? Your bus just left. Tell me, why you came here."

"To warn you that he is in town. If you didn't know. And I wanted to-" He leans in and kisses me. I want to melt and I do. I pull him away by his shoulders.

"Don't ever kiss me again." I had him by his collar.

"I'm sorry. I just missed you." I pulled him in for another kiss. He gladly kissed back. He stuck his tounge in my mouth deepening the kiss.

Fuck this is so wrong.

"No. This is wrong. I can't. Stop talking to me. Stop acting as if you care about me. You don't." I walk towards Yvette's car that was in a parking space.

"Eva wait!" He attempts to go after me. He stopped. He turned back around face palming.

I get in leaving him there without saying a word to him.

"Colby?!" Yvette says, getting her tazer in her glove compartment.

"Its okay! Just go. Come on, let's go. When did you even buy a tazer? Jesus Christ!" I say, taking the tazer from her hand and putting it back in the glove compartment.

"Not long ago." She starts backing out of he parking space.

"What did he want?" She says, giving me that 'tell me what's up' look.

"To talk about my father. He is near again." She looks at me with an understanding look.

There was no way he could have seen who she was. Her windows were pretty tinted. He probably thought I got in a car with a complete stranger.

A couple of hours after getting home, they were asleep. I was thinking about whether I should call Colby, or not.

I was over thinking. Especially after knowing he didn't exactly forget about me. He was thinking about me. Warning me.

Not even I forgot about him. I couldn't. The day after all I wanted was to see him.

I left Yvette sleeping in her room.

I was in the living room. I was staring at his contact name. I couldn't bring myself to press call.

Speaking of the devil.

My phone was ringing. It was of course it was Colby.

Now I am just going insane.

I pressed the button to answer before it woke them up.

"Hello?" I say, cautiously.

"Eva, I'm sorry how things ended at the bus stop. I didn't want that to be the last conversation between us. I also wanted to talk about our kiss-kisses ." I face palmed.

"Do you care? At all? If not, I will not waste my time. I won't talk to you if you will just forget about me the next second things get confusing."

"I care Eva, I really do. That is why I need to tell you something important. I- Hey! who the hell are you talking to?! Nobody. Don't worry about it. I gotta go. I'll see you at school Monday." He hung up.

I flinch at the voice in the background. I knew exactly who it was.

My father.

Why the hell is Colby around him?

He has alot of explaining to do.