Tinted Rose Pink

David woke in an unfamiliar room.  He sat up, analyzing the place.  It was most definitely a dorm, just not his.  The walls were a grey-blue, and the couches were black with gold accents.  

"What're you doing up?"

David turned to the voice.  Daniel stood in the doorway, book in hand.  

"I just woke up..." David glanced at his watch.  It was almost three in the morning.  "Do you want me to leave?  It's late."

"On the contrary.  Based on where you came from to get to the lake, you're in the other dorm areas, on the other side.  I don't want you walking out there at this time.  The streets get dangerous."  Daniel turned, going towards the small kitchen extension.  He looked back at David for a second, asking, "You're over twenty-one, right?"

David nodded, a small chuckle rising over his throat.  Daniel came back a minute later, one hand holding two glasses, the other holding a bottle of wine. 

He uncorked the bottle, looking to David.  "Do you mind wine that's on the sweeter side?"

David shook his head.  "No, I don't mind."

Daniel hummed slightly in response.  David took the glass closest to him, taking a sip.  The sweetness of the Rose made him feel warm as it traveled down his throat, making his smile widen slightly.  David looked at the book in Daniel's hand, and decided to make conversation.

"What are you reading?"

Daniel glanced at the book, then to David.  "Something about different cults throughout history."

"Interesting topic."

"Well, it's good to read about when you grew up in one."

They shared a glance.  Daniel almost laughed at David's expression.  It was something between confusion and concern.

"Don't worry.  I left it a few years ago once I found out what really happened behind the scenes.  I just sometimes say Xemug instead of God in certain phrases.  I just think that cults are interesting in their own way."

David sighed out of relief, leaning back with a hand on his chest.  This time Daniel laughed at the other's actions.  After that, a comfortable silence fell over them.  They finally heard the rain that had started a few minutes ago.  At some point, David set down his glass.

"Do you have any movies we can watch?"

Daniel nodded, and went on to search for some titles.  They ended up having a bicker on what to watch, but eventually settled with The Greatest Showman.  David would hum or quietly sing along to the songs, and Daniel just watched with a smile, not bothering to interrupt.  Rewrite the Stars was about to start, and Daniel got up, offering a hand.  David tilted his head in confusion.

"I know you like to dance a certain way, but I learned to dance to this song, and I want to... But I need a partner."

David accepted the hand with a warm smile, and he was hoisted off of the couch.  Daniel carefully instructed David on the form.  Daniel had one hand on David's waist, the other intertwined with the red-head's hand.  David's free hand was put on Daniel's shoulder, and he suddenly realized how close they were.  The blonde lightly pushed his hand on David's waist when they needed to move, his quiet voice guiding him through steps.  They swayed and twirled around the room, staying on time with the music.  David heard the song slow to the end, and David expected Daniel to let go.  Daniel had other plans, however, dipping David down.  He quickly clung on to Daniel, but the taller had a firm grip to make sure he didn't fall.  Their faces were merely inches apart.