Prologue

This is the second installment of The West Series. I hope you guys enjoy it and let me know what you think! ☺️☺️

This chapter is dedicated to zeljkaHiter. The first person to request this story! I hope you and everyone else enjoy this book.

Sammy's POV
- 5 years old -

I smiled as I watched Caleb and Liam run past me decked out in full pirate gear no doubt going to play in their make shift ship Aiden set up in the lounge.

Liam wore his shorts, striped black and white shirt (he begged and pleaded for us to buy this shirt and now I realise why he wanted the shirt so badly. Both to play cops and robbers, pirates and prisoners). He had a black hat on, that had a big red feather in front and he had his hook in his right hand.

Caleb wore a eye patch over his left eye, (yes he did bump into a few pieces of furniture here and there as he tried to navigate with one eye closed), he was wearing simple black pants and a shirt and of course to be a pirate he had on his black coat and black boots.

They were screaming and shouting, "Make em walk the plak!", as they pushed their dolls and soldiers off a pillow into the dark, deep sea.

I smiled as Aiden pretended to beg for mercy from the cruel and hard, unmerciful Captain Caleb who turned a blind eye and ordered Liam to throw him overboard.

I laughed as they struggled to lift him up but Aiden jumped overboard and into the water (they laid blue blankets on the floor to make the water).

I smiled and felt my heart fill with joy and happiness to see my son so happy. I hope the rest of his life he spends it with Caleb will be filled with joy and happiness because he deserves the world. They both do.

Caleb's POV
- 11 years old -

I bit my lip as I watched him laugh with our friends. God he looks so good. His beautiful blue, green eyes so full of laughter and it's so... so pretty.

My breath caught in my throat when he turned to look at me, his lips still curled in a smile. For a few moments I was terrified he would be able to tell that I was crushing on him,and crushing on him hard. If I was a cartoon I'd have hearts drawn in my eyes.

"You orryt?", He asked as he smiled at me.

And then my heart started booming in my chest again.

"Yeah", I mumbled as I smiled at him.

He turned back to our friends as I watched him, as I always did, when we were at school and I couldn't help myself but feel drawn to him.

Am I too young to know that one day I'm going to marry that boy?

Liam's POV
- 12 years old -

"Oh my God. Oh my God. Should I do this? I mean I can back out now and he won't know a thing", I thought as I was a breath away from a panic attack.

Who said I should do this again? I can't do this!

Maria, Jacob, Rahul and Sophia all agreed that I should tell Caleb how I feel and basically ask him out. We having a movie night tonight because it's kind of a thing between Caleb's parents and mine, so every second Saturday we get together and have a fun night.

I can't do this! What if Caleb doesn't really like me like that and he doesn't want to be my friend anymore?

I spoke to my parents when I told them how I feel about Caleb. They sat me down and explained to me the concept of mates and that I should NOT be doing anything sexual with anyone until I meet my mate. But I explained that with Caleb he feels like everything to me. And I guess he is. He's always been there for me, since birth basically. Even if he is a month older than me. We're born on the same date, exactly one month apart, as Caleb keeps rubbing it in.

They shared a look, which confused me but agreed to allow me to ask Caleb to go out with me. They made sure to explain that sometimes relationships don't work and that I shouldn't let that damage the relationship I shared with Caleb.

That was a few hours ago and Caleb is currently sitting in my room, on my bed, while I was being a chicken in the bathroom and backing out from asking him.

What if he said no? Luna I hope the ground would just open up and swallow me then and there.

I swallowed and wiped my hands on my jeans and slowly opened the door.

"I was wondering what are you doing in there. You took so long", He said and winked.

Oh Luna, I'm so damn crazy about him.

I smiled, probably looked like a grimace with how I'm feeling right now, and sat down next to him on the bed.

"Liam? Are you okay?", He asked halfway through the movie.

I turned to him and nodded.

"That was a good-", He started after we watched some movie, I have no idea what it was about. I didn't watch a bit of it. I'm too scared to do this!

"Will you go out with me?", I blurted out and turned to look at him, wide eyes and emberrased. What the hell was that? That's no way to ask someone out?!

He suddenly burst into a smile and nodded.

"Yeah, I'd love to", He said almost shyly.

"Really?", I asked happily.

"Yes. To be honest I didn't know you liked me like that and when you were acting weird the whole night I thought it was coz you found I had a crush on you", He said while blushing.

"I really like you", I said and leaned over to kiss his cheek quickly.

He blushed a deeper shade of red and smiled brightly.

"I really like you too", He said and tangled his fingers with mine.

I looked down at our tangled fingers, his darker skin against my lighter skin.

I'm almost in love with him.

Caleb's POV
- 18 years old -

"I'm sorry", I said and wiped a tear from his beautiful face.

"This isn't fair!", He said and whimpered as he clung tighter to me.

It is my birthday. The day I look into Liam's stunning eyes and know this man is my one and only. My Alpha, my baby, my husband, the love of my life and the father of my children.

Only now I get none of that. Liam isn't my mate. He never was.

"I don't care. Look at me. Baby look at me", I commanded and watched him snatch his head up.

"I don't give a fuck okay? I don't want some other guy who will come later into my life. I want you. I want the years we had together and the years we will have together. I don't give a fuck about some stupid mating pull. My wolf and I want you. End of story. Baby, I love you. God how I love you", I said and my voice cracked.

Fresh tears slipped out of his eyes and he leapt up and crushed his lips to mine.

I pulled him onto my lap and tangled my fingers in his hair and pulled hard. I took over the kiss and thrust my tongue into his mouth as I commanded him. He's mine. He always will be.

"God I love you too", He gasped against my lips.

"I'm with you for forever", I said and wiped his tears.

"Forever", He said and kissed me again.

"Make love to me", He said and leaned back to smile again.

"I thought you'd never ask", I said before I smirked at him. He rolled his eyes at me and smiled before leaning forward to kiss me again.

Our forever lasted a glorious six more years before we were pulled apart from each other. I found my mate. My mate. No matter how much I wanted Liam, we weren't mates. We were not true mates.