Chapter 16

This chapter is dedicated to LaVel063

Guys I'm so sorry for the long hiatus I took. A lot has been going on 😩. The book is drawing to an end and I really hope you all enjoy it. Please let me know what you think. And thank you for having the patience and waiting ❤️

Liam's POV

"Caleb, wait! Where are you going?" I asked as I rushed out after him.

He stopped and spinned around to look at me. Our chests were rising and falling with the hard breaths we were taking.

I had rushed out after him as Daniaal explained that he was in love with Caleb and he would not have anyone else be mated to Caleb. So he did what anyone else would do. He broke the bond between a mated pair and forged one with himself. He did the unspeakable, the unthinkable.

"What do you want Liam?" He asked spittle flying everywhere, his eyes wild.

"Where are you going?" I asked softly, pleadingly.

"Somewhere far away from that, that- swine! How can you stand there? How can you stand there and look at him like you don't want to kill him?" He seethed.

"Oh trust me. I'm barely holding myself or Hades back from slashing his throat and ripping his heart right out of his chest. The only thing stopping me from doing that is you." I said softly before I glanced away from him.

"I never asked you not to. I want to slash his throat and watch the life drain from his eyes. How could he do that to us? To me?

And that asshole still had the nerve to fake a bond with himself. I slept with him! I made love to him! Kissed him! How could he do this to me?" acakeb asked on a sob.

I watched as he broke down in front of me as his lip trembled and his eyes filled with tears. He started crying, his chest heaving and tears pouring down his face.

I sighed softly before I walked to him and wrapped my arms around him. I ignored the urge to take a deep breath of his incredible scent and the slight tingles that rose from us touching.

He wrapped his arms around me and clung to me. He sobbed harder, as he placed his face into my neck and his tears fell onto my skin.

"I'm sorry." I said awkwardly after a few seconds.

I didn't know what else to say. Honestly I didn't think about the effect all of this had on Caleb. He was the one to build a new life with the man who was lying the whole time. Their entire relationship was built on a lie.

"Liam I need time. I need some time to process all of this and just think about everything. I don't know how long that'll be but I... I'll come back to you. It's just so much has happened in so little time that it all seems to be happening so quickly. I just need to process all of this." He said softly after a few minutes.

I tried to keep my emotions at bay and nodded.

He sighed and stepped back before wiping his eyes and taking a deep breath.

He glanced behind us towards the dungeons before glancing back at me.

"What do I do with him?" I asked as I gestured with my thumb towards the dungeons.

"I don't know yet. But he can't just be allowed to live and walk free. Death is too easy and less painful of a punishment for him." He said before he looked at me.

We just looked at each other before he smiled and stepped back.

"I'll see you soon." He said and turned to walk away.

I watched him go, hoping he'd come running back into my arms like some cheesy romantic movie.

When I couldn't see him anymore and  the trees covered him I turned back towards the dungeons and walked in.

My parents and Caleb's parents were waiting anxiously.

"Liam I want to apologize to you. Years ago Caleb came to me... confused and he wanted to know who to choose. If I - if I knew I wouldn't have let him make that choice." Christian sighed and looked up at me apologetically.

I smiled before I stepped forward.

"I forgive you and I don't hold it against you. None of us knew." I said softly as I glanced at Daniaal.

He looked forlorn, torn that Caleb rushed out instead of rushing to him. Asshole. You'd think he'd be regretful but he seemed more concerned and afraid that Caleb might not want him after all of this and after all he's done.

"We'll give you some space." Lirissa smiled before she stepped forward and hugged me tightly.

They smiled before they turned and headed for the door.

Maddy smiled sadly at me, tear stains marking her cheeks. She hugged me tightly before she turned and walked towards the door.

"She'll be okay. She just can't accept that somone would do the unthinkable and still live among us and smile as if they didn't do something horrendous. I'll wait for you upstairs." Hunter said before he too walked out.

Dad and Pa looked at me sadly before they walked over to me.

"What are you going to do with him?" Dad asked and I shrugged.

"Caleb and I have to make that decision together." I said and they nodded.

"We get that you might want some time alone to process all of this. I mean it's crazy. But Liam if you're ever going through something and you feel alone, talk to me, talk to us. We'll always be here for you.

I... I don't want to ever go through that feeling again to know my son took his own life because the pain was too much. I - we can't do that again.

And I'm not saying this to make you feel guilty or anything but we needed you to know." Pa stuttered as his eyes filled and tears spilled down his cheeks.

I rushed forward and wrapped my arms around him tightly. He clung to me and I could hear his heart pounding and I could feel his emotions. Fear, sadness, pain and total loss.

"I won't. I - I'm okay right now. I'll be okay." I said and Dad smiled before he wrapped his arms around the both of us.

"Right let's get to bed. We'll see you tomorrow morning." Dad said as they left the room.

I glanced back at Daniaal and he looked at me.

"How'd you find out?" He asked and I swallowed.

"I died that night. Luna showed me everything and gave me a choice." I said and he nodded.

"And you chose him." He finished.

"I love him." I said with a shrug.

"Well he doesn't love you. He might not know it but he loves me. We belong together. We deserve each other. We're right for each other. I did what I had to do to make him realise that we belong together and you're nothing to him." He said vehemently.

"If I were you I'd watch what I say next. I can rip your throat out right now and I'd bathe in your blood.

How dare you meddle with a mating bond? How dare you tear a true pair apart and forge one in its place?

I'll kill you for that. Mark my words you won't walk free for your crimes." I growled as I bared my fangs.

Daniaal whimpered and fell back.

Good. The asshole deserves whatever he gets.

"He loves me! He'll choose me!" He screamed and I rolled my eyes.

"Fuck you." I growled and showed him the finger as I walked out.

He deserves death and he'll get it. Only Caleb can persuade me otherwise.