Chapter 1: Sleepover

(A/N: Above is the piece Ständchen by Schubert. It's a piece mentioned in this chapter. I added it in to help the readers understand why I chose the characters to "play" this piece. Please enjoy !)

Nine years passed since Brett and Eddy had their sleepover. And they both decided that they wanted to relive their sleepover.

Brett, groggy as ever in the mornings, woke up to the sound of his phone going off.

"No, not now, j-just a little more s-sleep," he hazily reached for his phone almost knocking over his glasses on his nightstand. His small eyes peered onto his phone when he realized Eddy was calling him at 4:32 a.m.

"What the fuck, Eddy. Let me fucking sleep. What the hell do you want?" His annoyed tone startled the younger as he hesitatntly responded.

"I- I'm really sorry Brett. It can always wait. I value your sleep and all. I mean-" his voice was cut off by Brett interrupting him.

"It's fine, sorry. Just tell me, I'm already up anyways. What's up?" Brett realized how rude he sounded, and felt apologetic towards Eddy. His hand rubbed the side of his face, covering up how upset he felt about his actions, he never wanted to upset his best friend.

"So, you know how we had a sleep over around nine years ago?"

"The one where we played Smash Bros and ate rice? Yeah. Why?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to have another sleep over like we used to when we were younger. I mean I understand we're already in our twenties and it sounds dumb. But I mean, for old times sake?" Eddy suggested unsure of the response he might get. Brett simply chuckled, doubling over at how he thought it was funny that his friend thought he sounded dumb.

"Eddy, I'd love to do that. Why would I judge? You're literally my best friend. I love you, man. Alright, so, I'll see you tonight then?" Eddy grinned at Brett's response. He adored Brett with his heart and soul and couldn't wait to see him tonight.

"Sounds like a plan! See you then! Bye!" As Eddy ended the call he sighed, sliding down the wall, peering at Brett's contact. His heart was thumping as fast as the Flight of the Bumblebee that he would play on piano. He glared at Brett's photo for so long he hadn't realized how long he was looking at it until his alarm went off.

"Shit, it's 5:30. I need to go to the gym." Eddy picked himself up off the floor and headed to the dresser to start changing.

-

Eddy paced the floor, anticipating Brett's arrival. As the doorbell rung, Brett stepped in, giving his best friend a hug.

"Hey what's up? Woah, why do you look like such a nervous wreck? You look like you just gave your worst performance of your life. You ok?" Brett touched his shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm fine, Brett. Thanks for asking." Eddy's palms were sweaty, and his hands were shaking. If anything he could barely even sit still. He always hung out with Brett, but tonight was different. Out of all the sleepovers they always had, he was going to come out to Brett. Not only that, but he was also going to tell him how much he loved him. He had to know. The feeling of keeping everything from Brett burned inside of Eddy, he wanted Brett more than anything, and he'd been in love with him ever since he met him.

"Do you want something to drink?" Eddy handed Brett a bottle of water.

"Yeah thanks."

"Hey, since you're here, do you want to film a video? Violin charades?"

"Yeah of course, sounds pretty fun."

"Ok, so this one will be, emotions charades. It's going to be a bit different. Ok? You guess the emotion I'm feeling based off my violin playing."

"Huh, sounds interesting." Brett responded, grabbing the camera. He tried to distract Eddy from feeling whatever nervousness he had by being as joking as possible. He hated seeing Eddy nervous or upset.

As the camera was rolling Eddy played the BAE song. This was how Eddy was going to tell him all at once. Immediately, Brett started guessing.

"Ooh, in love? With who? Hilary Hahn? Ooh, Janine Jansen? Oh no, it's got to be... BACH?"
Brett started laughing. Eddy held it in, but switched pieces. This time he played Franz Schubert's Ständchen on violin. Brett's eyebrows furrowed.

"Heartbroken? Uhh... Rejected? Isolated? Abused? I don't think I get it Eddy... What are you really trying to say?"

"Uhh..."

"Come on. We both know this isn't actually a video anymore."

"Ok fine," Eddy switched off the camera, taking a seat. He took the longest time cleaning his violin and carefully placing it back in his case. Longer than usual it seemed.

"Did someone hurt you, Eddy? Why didn't you tell me? You know you can tell me anything. Was it Sophie our accompanist?" Eddy simply shook his head. A knot formed at his throat as he held back sobs. He held his head down.

"Eddy, I can't help you unless you tell me. You know I'm willing to do anything for you." Eddy started sobbing, hot tears streamed down his face as he put his hands to his head.

"B- But you can't do anything about it Brett. I'm just going to keep getting hurt."

"What? What are you talking about Eddy?" Brett lightly shook his shoulders, and lifted up his chin to meet his face where he was standing. Brett looked at Eddy's swollen eyes. His eyes. His beautiful eyes. He hated seeing his beautiful eyes swell up with tears. It just pained him.

"Whoever caused Eddy so much pain is going to regret it," Brett scowled under his breath, but just enough that Eddy heard him.

"T- Then you're going to regret it." Brett realized what Eddy had just responded. The two pieces that Eddy played. Brett, still standing, Eddy sitting, hugged Eddy's head into his chest. Brett and Eddy stayed like that for a while. Brett's eyes sprouted tears. His heart pounded against his chest. Eddy could hear how fast and hard his chest was pounding. He took Brett's waist and looked up at him. His eyes puffy with tears. He stood up.

"Brett, why are you crying?" Eddy put his hand over Brett's heart. "And your heart, it's beating so fast. I think it's my turn to ask you, what's going o-"