Lesson learned

Alright, so if you've been around for a bit to read through my books, you'll notice that I'm slow on my yandere simulator stuff. Just last week I came out with a She-ra book(I'm not self-promoting, I'm gonna use it as a metric) and it's made me realize a lot of things as a writer.

Let me give out a reason as to why I don't update anymore on these books.

I don't like Yandere simulator.

Recently, it's felt like a downward spiral of a project, and the idea of writing about characters from that kind of game doesn't make me feel all that well. That and writing about this game no longer interests me or makes me happy.

Today, I wrote for my girlfriend scenario book, and while it felt fun to write about it because I was making my own backstory for them because we hadn't gotten any, I felt forced. Now I know actual writers are forced to finish even if they don't feel like writing some days, but I'm doing this in my spare time.

Writing the books took such a long time for me, as I did all the detail, I had to plan out the story before writing, I'd have to read the other chapters to keep it consistent, and I tried doing it when I felt happiest. The chapter I uploaded took two hours to do, and that isn't including Kuroko's because I had already finished hers on a different date(it's why the writing is different).

It'd take me four to six hours for one chapter of the boyfriend scenarios book as well. Writing isn't easy, it takes large amounts of time out of my day and my not being willing to do it and staying up late to upload would just add more stress.

Now, I want to make it clear, I'm not searching for an apology or the take all the time you want thing. If I take all the time I want I'm never coming back to this book and it's time I start being honest. Don't take this as a pity chapter, take this as a lesson from someone who learned it the hard way these past few years

For every chapter I'd write for any scenario book I'd be taking practically at minimum four hours of leisure and turning it into work. I'd write in order, the way you read the work is exactly how I wrote it, which meant if I didn't figure something out or was looking for something specific I'd be taking more time to look for the right thing.

Remember how I said I started a She-ra book last week(again, I'm not promoting it, I'm gonna be using it as a metric). I specifically started it around 8-9 days ago. How do I know? I have four public chapters and two private. It'd take me two days to write because I'd do it in the middle of the night. I stayed up from 10 till 2 in the morning. I'm still doing it and I absolutely fucking love it. I love the story and everything and it's All I wanna write.

Now here's the thing, it takes me two days to do one chapter, as I only have four hours to work, but that only gets me around 5k or less. And I want to do 10k a chapter pretty early on is the thing, so I'm going to be adding three days into the mix pretty quickly.

I've started writing out of order as well, doing only dialogue and writing in the details and paragraphs of such later on as I already have the conversation laid out. It's been a bit difficult (I know as I've read my latest chapters) but it's getting better and I know it'll improve. I'll probably be able to do 8k in two days if I work like this.

So why am I bringing this up? Why do I keep praising my youngest book when my older books have more achievements (thanks for all the reads, votes, and comments guys. I may not say it all the time but I'm thankful)?

Simple, the equation.

It would take me three days to do a scenario chapter for the males, and two for the females. Maybe one if I kept it extremely short, but I'm big on things. This was with me doing top to bottom too, so naturally it'd take a lot longer for me too because I'm sitting there trying to think of details too.

I've been able to pump out chapters every two or so days on my other one(I'm not at the moment because I'm changing the schedule to Thursday, Friday, and Saturday).

There's also the other thing, that I'm willing. I'm willing to stay up till two in the morning to finish a She-ra chapter, but I'm not as willing to do it for the scenario book.

So, what the fuck am I saying because I'm obviously going nowhere. One thing is for sure, I'm not dropping these books. Sure, I may not like writing them anymore, but I always just imagined them like writing books but cut up. They'll obviously be delayed significantly, since I'm doing another one that I'm actually passionate about.

Another, only write books that make you happy writing. Also, don't pump out chapters in one instance, that makes people hungry and then you'll kill yourself trying to do the same thing over again and it'll take longer.

Since I'm going to be putting a lot of my time into my other book, I'm trying to develop a game with this group, I'm trying to start a webcomic, and I'm trying to keep up with school, I've created a schedule for the books.

Every two weeks on Wednesday I'll write a few short(and I mean incredibly short) paragraphs and upload. If it's not new then I'll be editing old chapters to make them easier to read. Every day, I will be writing (for that She-ra book since I want 10k words) and I'll upload every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I'm putting my webcomic on hold, along with my original book, to be able to work with the development team more easily.

I'm drawing and writing for the team as well so it's a really hectic schedule and this virus is making my mental health go down by a lot which makes me more unwilling to do these things.

I'd say, one of my biggest regrets is not considering myself as the reader like I did with the She-ra book. I never did, not even once, and that cost me a lot. I did the slowest updates, I changed up my writing style because of the time difference, and I start editing but never finish. I basically put myself in an equation that would have failed either way and not considering myself as the reader made it harder to write for myself, which is what we're supposed to do to make it easier on us.

My other big regret is not considering the audience. I'm making you wait all this time with no consistent schedule, and I haven't given one because every chapter I give out sets higher expectations for me the next time I write. Like I said, I had created an equation that doomed me to fail, and I'm sorry that you had to suffer with me for the past two to three years. Let's hope the future is brighter.