One last time

Nico's POV 

  I stared at the wooden door in front of me as doubts started to creep into my mind. Sure, I had a chance to turn back, take the easy way out, but...I would miss them too much. They were my friends, right? I just wanted to hang out with them one last time before we went our separate ways. Steeling my nerves, I knocked on the door, as suspense hung in the air like thick, poisonous gas.

  "Nico? What are you doing here?" Jason's voice rang out as he opened the door for me. My gaze dropped to the ground as I began to twist my silver skull ring. "I know i'm not one of the seven,...but I would miss all of you when everybody leaves. So, I came to hang out with everyone,  a final time." The door creaked as Jason opened the door wider and invited me in. As the fear drained out of me, clearing my head, I noticed a detail that I should never have missed in the first place. My heart clenched painfully as I walked inside. Sometimes..I really wished that I wasn't a child of Hades. 

  "GUYS! NICO'S HERE!" Jason hollered from behind me. "Nico!" Hazel's familiar voice chimed as she ran over to give me a hug. A genuine smile crept its way onto my face as I hugged her back. Gods, it was so good to see everyone again. Letting go of Hazel, I saw Annabeth studying me intently, like I was a piece of architecture. Meeting my eyes, she asked, "Can I have a word with you? Alone."

  Confused, I nodded as she led me to the kitchen. "So, have you finally found your type? Also, why were you staring at Jason so miserably?"

  Blushing, I nodded as I muttered, "You know Will, by the way,  he's still waiting for that chariot you promised to replace." Annabeth stiffened as she started cursing in Ancient Greek so badly that I almost expected Athena to appear in front of us to wash Annabeth's mouth with olive oil. "Tell him that I'll replace it by next summer, hopefully. And, about my second question?"

  Twisting my skull ring, I stared into the distance as I sighed, " I don't know why or how it happened but..Jason's aura of death has become stronger than on the Argo II..." 

  Annabeth paled as she started mumbling to herself.  Feeling guilty, I led her back to the living room where the others were waiting for us. The atmosphere was both joyous and bittersweet as the demigods laughed and chatted with each other, mostly with their significant other. Regretting my decision to come here alone, I decided to raid the kitchen for some food. Maybe I would eat all the blue cookies to piss Percy off.. the possibilities were endless. 

  Deciding not to impose, or maybe it was Will rubbing off on me, nonetheless, I just grabbed some ambrosia from the cabinet, wrapped it in a napkin and stuffed it in my pocket. While my hand was in my pocket, my fingertips grazed the surface of a scroll of paper. Why was there-oh. I grabbed the scroll and went back to the living room.

  "Guys, I need to show you something, it's about Leo." Saying the name was akin to dropping a land mine in the middle of the room. The conversations stopped. The carefree smiles morphed into glares and frowns. Shadows of grief haunted multiple faces as lovers began to comfort each other. I bent down and unfurled the scroll in front of everyone. A three inch tall Leo was projected in front of everyone. Tiny Leo spread his arm for a hug and started to ramble. "Hey, guys! Sorry to leave you like that. Bad news: I died. Good news: I got better! I had to go rescue Calypso. We're both fine now. We're taking Festus to-" Very inconvenient static disrupted the most important part of the message. Wonderful. "Back as soon as-" Again, static disrupted the message, I was starting to wonder if he had a death wish. "Cook tacos when-" Oh, I was going to stab that son of a-"¡Vaya con queso! Love ya!

  The stunned silence that followed unveiled a spectrum of emotions. Annabeth looked ready to judo flip Leo into oblivion while Percy scowled next to her. Hazel looked torn between rejoicing and slapping Leo. Frank's expression looked like a koi fish, stunned and confused. Piper had to contain herself from ripping tiny leo into half while Jason stared cursing the longest string of swear words I had ever heard. I rolled the scroll up and put it back into my jacket for safekeeping. Just then, all Hades broke loose. (My dad is a swear word now. Haha.) The demigods began shouting, insulting and cursing Leo at top volume while some of them started to kick the floorboards with a vengeance. They continued to do that for an unbearably long time.  I would give anything for Will to magically appear and shut everyone up with an ultrasonic whistle. Or maybe..he could.

  I hurriedly dashed to the tap, turned it on and pulled out a drachma. "O' Iris goddess of the rainbow, accept my offering. Will Solace at camp half blood."

  "Hey Nee-What is that sound? Are you in a zoo??!"

  "Uh.. no time to explain, I need an ultrasonic whistle please."

  "That is such a weird request you know? And be glad that I'm on half blood hill."

  "Why are you on half blood hill?" 

  "Waiting for you to get back, I miss you, idiot."

  "O-ok, just whistle please." I could hear Will snickering at the blush that found its way onto my cheeks.

  I covered my ears as a piercing whistle echoed through the house. "Thanks, Will, see you later." I murmured. I turned off the tap after he said goodbye to hear the shrieks of pain from the other demigods. I stalked back into the living room to see a silver disk being slid under the door. The other demigods were too distracted to notice it. Scrambling towards the disc, plumes of smoke billowed out. Poisonous gas, just like the bronze jar.. I knew it was too late to stop it. Thank the gods I still have some pomegranate seeds. Just as I slipped into a death trance, I saw a person walk into the house. He was wearing a gas mask and looked like...a child of Aphrodite. His voice had hints of melancholy as he muttered, "The councillors are not going to like this."