Chapter III

There was a dark and gloomy shroud over the Stylinson estate. Without direction, they would fall into the nothingness that awaited them. Tyler was roaming around the estate as usually, he didn't have the slightest idea on what was going on. Harry thought it was better to not inform the child of anything and the others agree. 

The boy wouldn't understand on what was going and it would led to endless questions. As guardsmen were doing their daily routines, Tyler played with his toy airplane, giggling and begging the others to play with him. However, Kaidan was the only guardsmen to ever play with him. The others always made themselves seem busy, even if they were only standing guard. 

Eventually, Tyler bumped into Kaidan and smiled brightly. He couldn't resist the guardsman at all, they were friendly and sometimes it was the boy's only friend. As the Stylinson estate was located in the countryside, Tyler was forced to have relationships with adults and not children. "How are you doing, kiddo?" Kaidan kneeled down by the child.

Tyler stared at the ground nervously, he's still haveing a problem with his social skills. "I am good, but I miss Papa. I haven't seen him for days, do you know where Lou is?" The boy never used his father's actual name, Hawk needed to know about this. Kaidan had no idea on how to respond to the child's question and made a simple distraction.

"I think it's time for bed, you should go and see Harry upstairs." Tyler nodded and ran to his parent's room, he continued to play with his airplane. The boy never got many toys, but he was used to that because the estate never had other children, like Tyler at least. He immediately ran into his parent's room and climbed onto the bed. 

Harry was sleeping on the bed, softly snoring and his son simply watched him. Tyler gently grabbed his parent's arm and wrapped it around himself. The curly haired lad was awakened by his arm's movement and pull his son into his lap. "Hey there, kiddo. I haven't seen you all day, I miss you." Tyler's face is attacked with kisses. 

The boy's giggles echoed throughout the room, making Harry smiled, showing off his dimples. "Daddy, can I ask you something?" They stared at each other, their emerald eyes stared into one another. He nodded and allowed his son to ask the questions. "What happened to Papa? I haven't seen him in a long time and I miss him."

Tears slide down the boy's cheeks and Harry immediately wiped them away. "Papa .... had ...... to ....." He couldn't think about an excuse that the child wouldn't question, but there was no way Tyler could know the truth. "Papa went on vacation, he'll be back soon .... I promise." The curly haired lad smiled and pull his son against his chest.

Tyler snuggled close to his father, loving the warmth and loving touch. "What about Comm-ander W-...." He struggled to pronounce a vampire's name and eventually gives up, but Harry knows what the child was going to ask. "It's Commander Waters, love. Do you remember that battle?" Tyler nodded and stared up at his father. 

"Well ..... the commander didn't make it." Tyler furrowed his eyebrows, not understanding the concept of death. "I don't understand, Daddy. Is he ever coming back? I really miss him too, I mean why do people always have to leave. Is it my fault?" Harry smiled at his son and kissed his head. "It's not your fault, we cannot always keep people in our lives, even if we love them."

A single tear fell from Harry's eye, but was quickly wiped away. He wasn't going to allow his son to see him cry, besides he has done his fair share of crying already. "I think it's time for someone to get ready for bed. What would Papa say?" Tyler giggled and ran to his room, changing into his pajamas and running back to Harry. 

"Papa would say if I don't sleep, then Uncle Niall is going to eat me!" The boy giggled and cuddled into his father's lap, smiling. "Did you brush your teeth? Open that mouth." Harry inspected his son's mouth, making sure the child brushed his teeth well. "Papa would be proud of you! I know when he comes back, someone is getting a new toy."