BATMAN

Bruce didn't exactly have a free schedule. He was only stopping by to make sure one of his partner's labs was running correctly seeing as it was also his lab and he was getting some odd complaints.

"Dr. Harvelle, what seems to be the problem?" Bruce asked, pouring on the charm to hide his exhaustion.

The woman pursed her lips. "Ghosts, sir."

Bruce paused. "...Excuse me?"

"The theme of this town? It isn't a theme, it's real." She snapped, frustrated. "It's interfering with our work and Mr. Masters keeps making us partner with those government idiots that can't tell a civilian from their ass," She declared furiously. "Once they nearly shot my daughter!" She thrusts a large, 2 1/2 inch binder into his grip. "Most people here agree that Danny Phantom is trying to help, and even those that don't agree that the GIW is being overkill. They've brought down plenty of buildings over the past year and nearly killed several dozen people," She snaps angrily. "If you can't get them in trouble, at least get Masters to stop making us work with them." She them turned and left with a snap of her lab coat leaving a stunned Bruce- because how the actual fuck did he miss this?!

He was thumbing through the binder at a local fast food- and that's when a green face came through the notebook.

A couple people shrieked in surprise, a few groaned and one or two pulled out their phones to record while one of the waiters walked around collecting bets from his bored coworkers. "A minute, maybe two and a half." The bored cashier said after everyone else, slapping a twenty into the baseball cap.

A white haired teen flew threw the wall, looking rather frustrated. He scanned the room, but it didn't take long for whatever it was (Bruce's bet was on ghost) to fly up and attack, but it didn't take long for him to manage to get a hold on the thing. "Why?! Why?! Why now?!" He demanded angrily. "I was taking a test!" He seethed. He pulled out a thermos, which the octopus thing knocked away, leaving the boy even more frustrated. "The more you fight the longer you stay in there!" He warns. "You already have five hours, don't make it six!"

The octopus didn't listen. He huffed. "What has all of you so riled today??!" He complained. "And why does it have to be during my EOCs?!!"

Bruce reviewed his mental notes and narrowed his eyes. It was explicitly stated that Phantom was a ghost. So either his people were wrong or there was something he was missing.

...This required research.