two

Mingi's bottom lip was bleeding, the red liquid smeared across his cheek and chin. 

His leg was badly hurt the male having to walk with a considerabe limp. 

He shouldn't have picked a fight when he knew what the outcome would have been.

But he did so anyway. It was the only thing that numbed the voices in his head.

The voices of his parents, screaming and yelling at each other day and night.

The sound of shattering bottles and chairs hitting the ground always ringing in his ears.

How he had watched the two destroy each other from afar.

And now, he was no different.

The euphoria to fight was the only thing that numbed the feeling of loneliness, coping with physical pain seemed much easier.

His right foot drug across the ground as he barely made it to the glass door of the convenience store, his hands resting against it to peer inside.  Blood dripped from from the glass like a nightmare out of a movie but this was oh so real.

Yunho was busy at the counter but there had been a heavy feeling in his heart all day. Seeing Mingi stand outside the door to where he worked, raw and bloodified nearly made him faint. 

He jumped over the counter in a flash of speed and was by the other boy's side in seconds.

"Are you out of your mind? Do you see yourself right now?" But Mingi was too focused on the strong arms of Yunho that held him up, that kept him from collapsing.

"Y-Yunho...I d-don't feel too good..." The sentence had barely left his lips before the male was hurling over and vomiting blood on the sidewalk. 

Yunho slung one of Mingi's arms over his shoulders and supported his waist with the other. 

Steadily he walked the injured male to the only safe haven they knew.

Yunho feared one day he would be arriving on scene to Mingi's dead body, but all Mingi feared was that Yunho may leave him just like everyone else in his life.

•••