four

Park Seonghwa was at a crossroad.

Save Jongho from his misery or save Yeosang from himself?

It seemed fate was not in his favor today when he received two calls back to back begging for his help.

He didn't know the state Jongho was in but the way the other was wheezing and struggling to breathe meant it couldn't be good.

But Yeosang's mother was frantic as she cried and mumbled over the phone to him, pleading Seonghwa to save her only son who had locked himself in his room. 

Jongho was less of a worry for him at the moment. Yes the younger was destructive but he was never so intentionally.

Yeosang was a different story, a far worse and tragic story.

Seonghwa didn't have the time yet he still wasted it.

Thirty minutes later he was standing outside Yeosang's door. The crashing and screaming had ceased ages ago but the real fear was finding the aftermath.

The door was still locked.

"Yeosang, open up, it's me Seonghwa," and like a magician doing his signature trick a click could be heard. 

The door was open.

Seonghwa opened the door carefully, the room before him a mess. Broken glass was scattered everywhere, tattered and ripped pages of books and magazines also littering the floor.

He gulped licking at his lower lip before glanced behind the door to find who he was looking for.

Yeosang was curled up in a ball in the corner, his clothes ripped and torn in various places and his face shown with blood.

It made his heart clench to see his favorite baby so damaged and in this state.

Like a rescuer trying to coax out a frightened puppy he sat just a few feet in front of him, his hand raised as he whispered soothing words to him. 

"Yeosang, trust me," the words were scary for the frightened male. How could he possibly trust anyone if he couldn't even trust himself? But this was Seonghwa, the one person who never let him down, who adored him with all his heart.

Slowly but surely he crawled out from the shadows and Seonghwa wanted to cry at the state the male was in.

Yeosang's hands were a bloodied mess no doubt from cracking and breaking the mirror. His face and neck showed obvious finger and hand prints where the other must've clawed at himself, something he did when he was in a serious faze of an anxiety attack.

But he didn't dare let any of his emotions show through. Instead stretching his hand towards the other as he took it and laced their fingers together.

Seonghwa pulled Yeosang into his lap, the other being so small and fitting so perfectly against his chest.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.." Yeosang's voice was raw as he spoke the words over and over and over again only breaking Seonghwa's heart further.

He rocked the other gently, patting his hair and giving him soothing words to ease him.

Seonghwa had made his choice today, and though he saved one, he may have just given up on another.

•••