20

Yunho

As quietly as I could, I opened my apartment door and slipped outside, hoping that Mikyung wouldn't be able to hear me from next door. I quickly walked down the stairs and left the complex, walking to Wooyoung's house.

On the way there, I pondered over Mikyung's behavior. After our last conversation ended she was silent and looked as if she was thinking about something troubling. She is always biting her lip and tapping her chin if she's debating in her head about things that trouble her. I wanted to ask her about it, but decided against it—it may not be a good idea.

So you may be wondering, "What is Yunho doing at Wooyoung's house?" Well, first of all, I'm going to buy a knife from the supermarket, go to Wooyoung's house with that thing on my hand, and threaten Wooyoung to ask Mikyung out on a date before she starts getting the idea that Wooyoung may not like her and before I stab him with the object.

Just kidding. Maybe.

But I am going to ask Wooyoung why he chose to hang out with other people instead of Mikyung. I mean, Wooyoung does have a crush on Mikyung, so why would he choose to hang out with other people instead of her? There must be some reason to it, and I just needed to know what it is.

I am not going to do this alone, of course. I contacted Yeosang to help me with this, since both of them knew each other since forever. I asked him to meet me just outside of Wooyoung's house. When I arrived at the said destination, Yeosang was already there, playing with the hem of his shirt.

"What's going on, Yunho?" Yeosang raised an eyebrow. "Why are we interrogating Wooyoung today?"

"It's about Mikyung," I answered.

Yeosang blinked with confusion. "What about her?" he asked.

"Well," I looked around to make sure nobody else was eavesdropping on us. "You do know that Mikyung has a crush on Wooyoung, and he likes her back, right?"

Yeosang nodded, looking confused about where this conversation is headed. "And so?"

"Well, they are both homework buddies, and Wooyoung would choose to hang out with other people instead of hanging out with her," I explained.

He gave me a look of disbelief.

"Are you serious?" he then exclaimed. Very loudly.

I flinched at his sudden exclamation. Yeosang is usually a soft-spoken guy, so it is not common when he yells and it is always very surprising when he does, since you can't really predict it. And his exclamation a few moments ago really threw me off with surprise.

Yeosang composed himself and sighed. "Sorry. I just couldn't believe that Wooyoung would do some thing like that. I mean, he likes the girl. It doesn't make logical sense why he would stand up on their homework dates."

"Technically though, he didn't stand up to them," I corrected. "He just refuses to go to them."

Yeosang blinked but shook his head. "Still, though. His actions don't make any logical sense."

"Well, then, now's our chance to find out the reason behind his actions," I said, and knocked on the door.

We heard shuffling and a "wait a second!" before more scuffling and finally, the door opened. On the other side of the door we spotted Wooyoung with his purple hair a mess, a toddler hanging onto his shoulders, and two other kids hanging onto his legs.