2: 12:15

Present Day

Present Day

Amara

The sound of a timer brought me back to the present reminding me what I was doing as I was staring off into space. Bending down with oven mitts I took a couple of pies out of the oven and placed them on the counter.

Glancing over at the clock it read just past midnight, I always worked the graveyard shift at the 24 hour diner. I didn't mind these hours, it was rarely busy so I was able to experiment with different types of recipes. Getting paid while thinking about the possibility of opening my own bakery was the perfect job plus I rarely have to talk to anyone.

Even after five years of being Drya, Detective Esposito said to live everyday like I had become her. I felt exhausted and lonely, unsure if this will ever end. The people I am running from are in more power, rendering police useless and even though they have stopped looking for me there was no denying that if they knew where I was they would put a bullet in my head.

So, I have moved to over twelve different locations in the past five years, never getting close to anyone. Just constantly on the move thinking about where I should move to next. Usually I just threw a dart at the board or walked to random train station and looked to see where the next train was going. 

Placing the pies on the cooling rack I glance over at the clock again. 12:13. He would be here in a couple minutes, he always came at 12:15 on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays either to stay or take something to his club. I grabbed what he would eat and moved to the front.

When I met him I was terrified, wondering what kind of MC he was a part of and as a result I had dropped the special order he was picking up. I had expected him to yell or shoot me but he just said it was okay since it was for a luna party then proceeded to help me clean up the mess I made. His club must really like their dogs if they have parties for them. Thankfully I had been practicing macarons and a new cake recipe so he took that happily. I thought that would have been the last time I would see him but then he came again that week and again and again. Soon he became a regular and I started doing what I am doing now... Checking the clock waiting for the tall biker to walk in.

I wasn't supposed to meet anyone, get close to anyone but I found myself making an exception whenever he walked in. Thoughts about whether I should run filled my head but he was calm, a calmness that I felt spread to me and I wanted to keep. As he kept coming I got more and more suspicious but he doesn't carry any guns, if he did then I would run. Soon I found myself no longer flinching and jumping whenever he spoke or moved and every so often I would see a small smile on his face; as if he was coming just to see me no longer be scared of him. However, even though he is a Rider of Silence who are on the good list of MCs, I still need to be cautious. I have already been here six months so it's almost time to relocate.

Sounds of a bell rang as the door opened and I tried to hide the small smile that formed on my face. Looking over my shoulder he strolled in heading right for the counter sitting where he always sits.