Preface

(Original story written by Tahereh Mafi, all rights go to her)

Preface

Juliette's P.O.V.

I paced the bathroom, unable to control my nerves. I tried taking deep breaths.

In... Out... In... Out...

I looked at the test, still no answer. I groaned in frustration and ran my fingers through my hair, needing to know the answer. What symbol would show up? What would become of the little indicator? I flopped down on the ground, seeking refuge from the races running inside my head. I waited a few seconds, then I got up, and glanced cautiously at the pregnancy test.

Positive.

Squealing, I grabbed the test, shoved the bathroom door open, and ran out.

"Aaron? Aaron where are you?" I yelled into the empty room.

"Juliette?" He called. He was in the office. I tiptoed to the door, and opened it slightly. "Love?" He questioned, looking at me through the crack of the door. Taking a deep breathe, I pushed through the door and hid the test behind my back. I crossed the room to his desk.

He stared up at me with those light green eyes, melting my heart. I tried smiling slightly, anxiety suddenly overcoming me. He sat behind his desk, just a t-shirt and some jeans covering his body. Time was being wasted the more I stared at him, so I quickly put the test on his desk.

"I'm pregnant," I stated. He stared at it for longer than he should have, when suddenly he looked up at me. A smile filled his face, his dimples were as beautiful as ever. The next thing I knew, I was lifted up, off the ground, and being spun in Aaron's arms. I couldn't help but smile and giggle, and soon he set me down.

"We're going to be parents!" He exclaimed, joy was all over his face. There was pure happiness in his eyes, and I couldn't be more pleased about his reaction.

I responded with a squeal, and wrapped my arms around his neck, jumping on him. "Can you believe it?! Our own child!" I said, pulling myself even closer to him.

"We get to buy kid stuff! Like... a crib, and.. oh! We need to build a nursery! We need to get you to the doctor!" Aaron said, making me smile even more.

Laughing, I said, "Babe, we don't have to do all of that right now." I wrapped my legs a little tighter around his torso, while his hands held my butt.

"Aw, I guess you're right. Let me welcome this little munchkin into our lives though." He said, setting me on his desk. He got down on his knees and lifted up my shirt. He leaned in slowly, then left a soft kiss on my tummy. I giggled and grabbed his tie, pulling his face up to mine. Our lips met, and worlds collided.

Nothing could be better than this.

a/n

Hey guys! It's me here.... I rewrote this chapter because my writing skills have majorly improved since the last time I wrote this story. I just recently re-read Shatter Me, and later on in the year I may read the other books since you guys seem to really like this story.