t w o ; icecream

❝so why don't we go,❞

- - - - -

TEAM SEVEN WILL CONSIST OF UZUMAKI NARUTO, MITARASHI ITSUMI, AND UCHIHA SASUKE.

Itsumi lazily draws her eyes across the room to Naruto Uzumaki as he shouts indignantly about how much greater he is than Sasuke. She moves her eyes to Sasuke and rolls her eyes at the sight of his scowl.

Of course, the great Uchiha probably thought his teammates were not but liabilities, Itsumi huffs in a childish way, she knew the Uchiha was a bigger brat than she was meaning she had to convince his arrogant self that she and Naruto should matter to him. That they were there to help, not hinder.

First, she had to gain both of their trusts, she had to show them that she wouldn't turn her back on them the moment she was done with them. That meant she had to start early, gain their trust as soon as she could.

Itsumi, for all her baby cheeked, pouty ways, was an effective kunoichi. She could name every flower on the shelf at Ino Yamanaka's shelf but she could also label and make every poison her mother concocted in their apartment 'lab.' Itsumi knew the difference between arrogance and self-assurance, she knew whether someone had skill because she could feel it from their chakra and while she played the part of a 'paper ninja' she was far from it because she was prepared to be the sensei of team seven because she knew Kakashi wouldn't be getting his head out of his ass any time soon.

But first, she thinks, we work on trust.

She jumps up the moment Iruka dismisses them for lunch. She ducks under the taller students until she pops up beside Naruto who is still arguing with Sasuke.

Sasuke's eyes flicker to where she is standing and Naruto stops his arguing to glance down at Itsumi as well before he blinks and frowns, "Oh yeah, I forgot you were on this team Itsumi hehe, don't worry though. I'll be sure to protect you!"

Itsumi giggled, "Thank you for the reassurance Naruto, I'll do my best to protect both of you as well. Anyways, I came here to ask if you wanted to go to this old ice cream shop that opened up again after some recent renovations? I heard they have some new wonky flavours, wasabi, ramen, chilli pepper, it's pretty neat! I'll pay for it all since it was my suggestion."

"Yatta! I'll definitely go get ice cream with you, Itsumi!" Naruto cheers, throwing his fist into the air in a happy notion.

"Sasuke," The younger girl asks, "Will you come with us as well? We're a team now so we should get used to being around each other."

"Hn, I guess I'll come," Sasuke finally drawls out, his eyes are intently watching Itsumi as she claps her hands together and gives them a toothy grin that's only missing one tooth, only one she swears when Naruto points it out, her face a flushed pink of embarrassment. He feels a spark of amusement in his chest for the girl he's known since she wasn't anything more than a toddler.