The Royal Ball

(Two years earlier )

"Ben are you all ready?" Adam called up.

"Yeah Dad I'm coming." Ben called back.

"Okay. You know how this works, right?" Adam checked.

"Yes Dad I dance with a bunch of girls. Then I choose the one and have a final dance with them." Ben answered and explained.

"That a boy." Adam patted Ben's back.

They arrived at the ball as everyone clapped. Then they took a seat on the thrones on the stage.

"Alright we're gonna start the dancing." Someone announced.

Everyone took hands with someone as the music started. Ben stood up from the throne and started walking around.

He tapped on one the guys' shoulder and stepped in. Ben and the girl bowed to each other before dancing.

Ben noticed the girl started blushing. A few minutes later Ben went on to someone else and kept switching after a few minutes. Now he was dancing with Audrey.

"Hi Bennyboo." Audrey greeted him as she bowed.

"Audrey." Ben replied with a nod after her bowed.

They were dancing and Audrey was going on about something. Then Ben looked over and made eye contact with someone.

"Excuse me Audrey." Ben said and let go and walked to that girl.

Ben cleared his throat and the guy looked behind.

"Oh King Ben. Of course." He said with a bow.

They both bowed, then started dancing.

"Saw you watching me over there." She told him.

"How could I not? You're beautiful." Ben complimented.

"Thank you." She tried not blushing, but started. "I'm Mal by the way."

"Well Mal it's a pleasure to be able to dance with you." Ben replied and kissed her hand.

After a few minutes they were still dancing together.

"Hey aren't you supposed to go dance with someone else now?" Mal asked quietly.

"What? Oh yeah." Ben nodded. "I'll see you around." Ben let go and walked to someone else.

The guy who was dancing with Mal before walked back up.

After a couple hours of the dancing they had stopped and sat all the girls down. Ben was standing on stage looking around at everyone.

"It's been a pleasure to have been able to dance with all of you this evening." Ben started. "But I can only choose one of you to be my lady."

Ben walked off stage into the middle.

"Watch he's gonna pick me. We hit it off very well." Audrey whispered to a girl beside her.

Ben looked over at Audrey and started walking her way.

"See? Told you." Audrey whispered again. She started smiling at Ben.

Then Ben turned and walked over to Mal and stood in front of her. "Mal can I have this dance?" He held a hand out as the other one was behind his back.

Mal looked up and him with a smile and started blushing. "You most certainly may."

Mal took his hand and stood up they walked in the middle as everyone was clapping.

Audrey sat there with her arms crossed not clapping.

"Guess you were wrong about that." The girl whispered while clapping.