Chapter 1 - The World At War

"I don't know exactly who I am, what I am, or where I come from. All I know is that my kind is the same as humans, yet simultaneously different in an extraordinary way. There's one thing I always asked myself every night; why am I here and where do I come from?"

In the distance of the universe, in a galaxy with two suns at the center among many other planets, one planet is at war with itself. The planet looked almost no different from earth, save for a grey layer of continents rather than green and darkened water. This was the planet Vintevar, homeworld of the Ovas.

The surface of the planet was covered with light shows upon light shows of explosions and flames. Blinking lights zipping across the surface, destruction came after most. Though the sound of destruction was overheard, within it the sounds of pain and agony can be heard.

In a city known as Chrono, one of many large battles were taking place. The city was large and was probably once a spectacular sight, now only out of a nightmare of destruction does it show. On the city floor, the casualties are known, whether they be civilian or machine.

An army of killer robots going through the aisles of buildings, shooting anything they target. One large group is focusing fire in one direction, the target, glowing green, shows no signs of stopping and runs straight towards the squad of machines. Unable to do anything else as the robots are sliced up and destroyed by the individual they failed to stop.

After finishing the assault, the lone figure revealed to be a large robot itself heavy armored with emerald metal stands firm with a large blade weapon in its hand. More enemy robots come to attack the Emerald machine, only for their blasts to be deflected by a shield constructed from its arm opposite to its blade-wielding hand. Like before the Emerald machine charges its enemies, hacking and slashing everyone of them. 

The enemy robots stood no chance against their foe. As the Emerald machine finishes its work, it is caught off guard by another enemy robot, this one more heavily built than the previous ones. Showing no sign of fear the Emerald machine takes his stance as the enemy robot charges. 

The opposing foe never makes it as it suddenly destroyed by a yellow energy bolt. The attack catches the Emerald machine off guard, following the source of the attack. From the source, it is met by a female figure, hovering in the air and glowing with yellow energy. Rather than show hostility, the robot shows a sign of gratitude to the woman. 

The woman speaks, "Titan, Did you find him?"

The robot, known as Titan, speaks, "Yes Verna I have. He is in the skyscraper on the outskirts of the battlefield. "

The woman, known as Verna, obliges, "Good work Titan. We need to get him out of there."

Titan nods in agreement Verna. Both head towards there destination, with Verna flying in the air just close to the surface, and Titan running on foot at incredible speed. 

"Remind me again, why we need to get him off this planet?" Titans asks.

Verna explains, "The universe needs to know there is hope out there, and he is the only chance we've got to finish this war against the hunters and The Unknown."

"This war has been going on for over 20 years Verna. We cannot win this war." Titan argues.

Squinting her eyes, Verna replies, "I know we can't, but we need to find a way to give people hope again like we use to."

Titan argues again, "That was a long time ago. I can barely remember a time when this war was not going on."

Verna finishes her statement, "Titan, the war on our world may end soon, but it will continue to other worlds. It will not stop. Countless worlds will suffer the same fate as ours. At least by doing this, they'll be given a chance."

The last statement from Verna received no reply from Titan. For he knew not what to say against what was undoubtedly true. 

Later on, both make it to the skyscraper Titan mentioned. Not bothering to gain normal access, both crash through the front entrance. Verna taking foot and running alongside Titan up the building's staircase. They finally come across a room full of babies, all sleeping in stasis pods as if the battle outside had no effect on them. 

Verna walks up to one pod, with the name above it saying "Nuvor." She activates the pod, opening it and carefully lifting the baby out of the pod. Cradling the baby to keep him comfortable, before handing him to Titan.

The Emerald machine asks out of confusion, "Why are you giving him to me?" Even after asking the question Titan grasps onto the baby.

Verna explains, "Titan, I need you to bring him to Berdenan. It is the only place where the Ovas will not dare to look. I need you to raise him there without attracting attention. The Berdenians are known for their tendencies in using violence as a key factor in solving their problems. The Ovas won't think to look for him there."

Titan tries to reason, "You know I cannot do this."

Such a complaint causes Verna to change her voice authoritatively, "I know you think you can't but you must. It is the only way to keep him from The Unknown. If he and the other Ovas find him, the universe will truly be finished. Titan, you must!" After the rant, Verna changes her tone to concernment. "Please!"

Seeing the concern and urgency in Verna, Titan concedes to her plead and protectively holds onto Nuvor.

Outside the skyscraper, Verna and Titan exit the building, only to be met with more enemy robots with a purple armored figure standing in front of them.

The individual speaks in a command, "DESTRUCTIONEERS! KILL THEM BOTH AND BRING ME NUVOR!" The Destructioneers do as they are commanded and march towards Titan and Verna, their weapons pointed at the duo. 

Immediately Verna powers up and commands Titan to head for the ship, as she charges towards the Destructioneers. As Verna crashes into the army of robots, Titan takes the opportunity and runs. The only thing blocking his bath was the purple armored individual, who was ready to fight Titan. The fight never happened as a smokescreen comes out of nowhere, blocking the purple armored figure's view, as it disappeared so did Titan.

As the battle continued throughout the city, Titan ran as fast as he could, protecting Nuvor in his arms. His attention is caught by two fast figures flying straight at him. Reacting Titan jumps and dodges both attackers. Again the attackers speed towards Titan, only for them to be intercepted by two other red figures, taking the first two off Titans trail. Looking in a separate direction, Titan sees another individual in brown armor. The individual gives a nod of approval to Titan, with the Emerald machine nodding back out of respect, and continues to run.

Straight ahead Titan catches sight of the hanger housing the ship for him and Nuvor. As the doors open, Titan is shot at from behind. More Destructioneer robots chasing and shooting at him. Just before he becomes overwhelmed, shots are fired from the hanger but are purposely missing Titan. They were from the Constructioneers, robots that resembled Titans designed function, attacking the Destructioneers.

Once Constructioneer soldier shouts to Titan, "HURRY UP! THE SHIP IS READY! WE GOT TO GET YOU OUT OF HERE!"

Not hesitating, Titan runs past his fellow Constructioneers towards the awaiting ship. He makes it to the ship, an escape pod that is big enough to hold two passengers. Opening the hatch he carefully sets the baby in one of the seats, securing him in place. Entering the second seat Titan immediately starts the ship, plugging in the coordinates to their intended destination.

The Constructioneers defending their ally lose their battle, as the Destructioneers make it to the hanger. Before they could reach their target, the ship was already set at full power and takes off at incredible speed towards the sky. 

The Destructioneers are left with surprised and are shoved from their standing points by an individual glowing red. The individual looks up as the ship disappears from the atmosphere, off the planet, and is left with an angered expression.