Chapter 2 - The Alien Encounter

In the depths of a different galaxy, Titan is unfamiliar with, he sets the ship to fly autopilot as the ship indicates they are nearing Berdenan. In the passenger seat behind the pilot seat, Titan checks on baby Nuvor, who is sound asleep. Even after everything they had gone through, before getting on the ship and leaving Vintevar, Nuvor remained fast asleep. 

The sound of digital beeps catches Titan's attention, the pilot seat computer blinking as Titan presses the screen. The computer states that they have arrived at their destination, to which Titan looks out the cockpit window and sees the planet.

Even for a robot, Titan was amazed at the sight of the planet. It looked almost identical to Vintevar, save the oceans were blue and the lands were green. Titan even took note of the tip ends of the planet, complete white covering them. According to the reading s from the ship, the temperature showed to be colder in the areas compared to the rest of the world. Again Titan was amazed.

The robot is taken out of his trance by a sudden crash, causing Nuvor to awaken and burst into wailing. As Titan looks at the side of the ship he could see smoke and fire coming out from the wing, along with passing energy bolts whizzing past them. The source was coming from a lone enemy ship, apparently, one that had followed them from Vintevar. 

The ship stops firing briefly before contacting Titan and Nuvor's ship, the computer turning on and showing a visual of a unique looking Destructioneer soldier. The soldier speaks, "This is Cyiron of the Destructioneers, surrender now or be destroyed."

Rather than taking the demand of the Destructioneer, Titan grabs the controls and speeds up the ship toward the planet. The enemy ship following in pursuit and resuming its firing. Both ships flying at full speed, directly towards the planet. Entering the atmosphere both ships begin to heat up with flames surrounding the ships. Titan struggling to keep their ship leveled while the Destructioneer did the same, ceasing his firing. 

As the two ships continued dive bombing towards the planet, the ground would grow much closer in their sights. At the last moment, Titan pulls back on the controls, leveling the ship before hitting the ground and resuming flight. The Destructioneer ship does the same, as it levels it continues its assault. Both ships flying across a desert area before heading into a mountain range. Their speed so intense the flying becomes rough for both pilots. Titan having Nuvor secured in a protective barrier, as the baby continued its crying.

The dogfighting continues as both ships weave their way through the mountains. The Destructioneer giving the pursuit, firing this time with torpedoes, in hops the explosions from the surface knock its target off balance. The strategy shows to be effective as Titan struggles to keep control. 

Eventually, the mountain ranges begin to change terrain, becoming fewer mountains. Having crippled its target and a clearer view, the Destructioneer Cyiron aims and successfully blows off one of Titan's engines. Once again aiming towards his target as Cyiron charges his weapons.

Titan realizes he is out of options and is unable to fend off his aggressor. Clicking on the ships controls, a small pod is formed around the barrier holding Nuvor. As the ship begins to give off warning signals, Titan knew he had one shot at what he intended to do.  Looking back to Nuvor Titan says, "Take care little one." After addressing the baby, Titan aggressively pulls back on the controls.

Just before the Destructioneer can fire, he is quick to notice his target suddenly stopped flying forward, facing upwards and coming straight into the Destructioneer's flight path. Taking quick action the Cyiron swings his controls, causing his ship to fly sideways and dodging the free-falling ship, causing him to struggle to re-adjust his flight pattern. 

As Titan's ship is now behind his enemy, he quickly presses a button, ejecting Nuvors pod out of the ship. Afterward, Titan realigns his ship and activates the thrusters. Even with his engines damaged, the ship successfully picks up speed. 

Cyiron notices Titan's ship coming at him at full speed causing the Destructioneer to panic but is too late as the ship collides with his own. Both ships exploding on impact and fall straight into the nearby bay. Crashing water forms along with smoke coming from the water before disappearing, with no trace of either ship seen.

At a lone farmhouse along a hill just a mile inland from the bay, a man runs with a double-barrel shotgun at hand. The man comments, "What the devil was that commotion!" Getting on a horse the lone man travels in the direction he heard the "commotion" was coming from. As he went further took notice of a random crater from a distance. 

He arrives at the crater, noticing his horse was feeling slightly restless. Getting off his horse the man slides down into the crater, going no deeper than 10 feet. Finally noticing a strange object at the center of the crater. Taking note the man comments, "I take it that's what they call a meteor? Not something I'd expect."

Walking closer to examine the "meteor" the man is startled by a sudden sound. Taking his shotgun he holds it as he prepares to aim wherever the source was from. Only to calm down and become confused when the sound he hears turns out to be crying. Circling the object to find out what he was hearing, the man soon comes to the other side of the object, noticing glass on the ground. More confusion builds up as the man sees what looks like a broken window, and th sound of crying coming from within. The man cautiously walks towards the broken window, and to his shock, he sees a crying baby within the object.

Confusion and shock welled up within the man but quickly snaps out of it as he drops his gun and walks near the object, trying to get to the baby. To his surprise, he hears a strange hissing sound coming from the object, steam streams out from the window seals. Next, the window frame snaps right of its hinges and flies forward. The man is surprised and still confused about what he was witnessing, but redirects his attention to the baby.

Carefully he grabs the baby out of the object, taking off his poncho to wrap around the baby. The man addressing the baby with care, trying to calm the child, "Ssshhhhh. It's ok, it's ok." He notices blood spilling from the baby's left side of his face and right side of his lip. Taking his water container the man wets a piece of his poncho and gently applies it to the child's face, trying to clean his wounds.

Looking at the baby with a sad face the man comments, "Where on earth-" Stopping in his sentence as he looks at the strange object than up at the sky. He finishes, "Where...off earth, did you come from?" Looking back at the baby he notices the child no longer crying, but giving light whimpering. Speaking to the child again, "Don't worry kid, you're in good hands."

Stepping out of the crater and getting back on his horse, the man directs his stead back towards his home, having it slowly walk along the way. Looking back to the baby, he internally questioned about who and what this baby is, but what most concerned him was where his parents were. Sadness was filling his heart as memories went through his mind, showing his family, most showing his son, lastly showing a couple of gravestones. 

From sadness turned to compassion as the man took note of the baby calmly sleeping in his arms. Smiling the man says, "You're going to be alright kid. I'll make sure of it. Think I'll call you Adrian." Once again looking to the sky, the man makes one last comment, "Don't know why kid, but I feel something special about you."