48|sullen visits

*unedited of courseeeeee*

"E-Ebony?" Jackson whispered, feeling his heart sink to his stomach as he continued blinking away the emotion in his eyes.

Eve stared back at Jackson with fear in her eyes. Fearing how he'd react to seeing her again, after so many years.

"I'm sorry." Eve whispered, a single tear slid down her cheek as she grabbed her pills and got up, quickly slamming the door shut in front of Jackson's face as he hurriedly reached for her, and almost got caught in the door as he got up banging on it.

"E-Ebony, is it really you?!" Jackson's voice cracked as he continued banging on the door, feeling his heart burn with each pound onto the door, as he began questioning his own eyes.

"Ebony." Jackson whispered, as he rested his head on the door, and closed his eyes as he took in deep breaths, feeling his lungs burn with the need for oxygen.

"Hey kid-" a hand rested on Jackson's shoulder, as he turned around to see the man from the elevator standing behind him.

"Don't touch me." Jackson jerked away from the man, as he walked away, wiping his face with his sleeves as he got onto the elevator.

——

Jackson stepped into his apartment, his mind still pondering on that woman's appearance.

Seeing Ebony, in that woman's face, it couldn't have been.

She was dead. He had buried her with his own two hands. Said his last goodbyes, felt her last breath.

Mesh began nipping at Jackson's ankles, pulling Jackson out of his thoughts as he looked down at her, realizing that she had not been fed yet.

Sighing he went into the kitchen, and filled up her bowl, as she ran to it, and began chowing down.

"Good girl." He whispered, leaning against the counter as he watched her eat, trying to stray his mind away from the mornings events.

His phone then began to buzz in his pocket, and as he pulled it out a message from Jessica rolled across the screen.

Jessica: Did you get home safely? I already fed Mesh so don't worry about her. Call me please.

Sighing at Jessica overstepping her boundaries, Jackson then averted his eyes to a wobbling Mesh as she turned around and began to sleep on the floor by her doggy bowl.

What a way to finesse me. Jackson shook his head as he picked her up, and carried her to his bedroom.

Setting her on the bed, he stripped out of his clothes for the day and got in beside her, petting her back as he thought about the day he had, and decided on debunking the events of today as a mere lack of sleep, and energy.

But deep down he felt slightly upset that he'd dream such a vivid person to life.

Hoping it was true, he also hoped it wasn't. For his own sake.

——

"Will you sleep?" She asked, running her fingers down his back, tracing the ink on his skin as Jackson sighed, feeling his eyelids get heavy at the sound of sleep.

"I just want to hold you." He whispered back, feeling her heart beat against his chest, replicating the same adrenaline he had felt from what they had just done.

"You're amazing." Ebony whispered, pulling away from Jackson's chest as she stared into his eyes, and rested her chin on her hands. "I'm grateful that you're my first." She said, searching Jackson's eyes as he blinked and leaned in for a gentle kiss, as he whispered against her lips.