platonic ➳ chanbaek [m]

title: platonic
ship(s): chanbaek
group(s): exo
genre: romance?
rating: m 😎😳 (slightly, i guess)
synopsis: park chanyeol is a philosopher who doesn't quite understand love, that is until he himself falls in love.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

circa 350 bce

to study the concept of love was like studying advanced mathematics and sciences. it was like analyzing hieroglyphics and literature. studying love was insane, and it made chanyeol want to give up on the concept. it was simply impossible to understand the basis of love- why people experienced it, why they yearned for it. to say the least, chanyeol didn't really believe in love; he found the notion to be quite doltish, despite the thousands of people who appeared to be in love. chanyeol thought it to be desperation-an undying need to feel affection-and he was going to figure out why this was. it simply did not settle with him that people willingly gave their lives to be with someone, abandoned everything, let go of themselves and their bodies. he wanted to understand, wanted to know what it felt like, to love. chanyeol wasn't sure if he'd ever get to experience the feeling of being deeply, madly in love with someone. even if plato had explained such a concept in the previous years, chanyeol could not get it through his mind. he understood the concept of beauty-if one was attractive, another would fall into lust. but how could that possibly later turn into love? according to plato, it had to do with the spirit as well as intelligence. chanyeol was beginning to think that the spirit was indeed as complicated as love was.

though chanyeol was to study love, he never figured that the answer lie in attempting to fall in love himself. the thought never crossed his mind, for he was far too busy with studying love overall. law in greece deemed it acceptable to have more than one partner, heck, even a boy, but the entire system was complicated as it is. chanyeol was only 18 years of age and had yet to be called in for the "homosexual" relationship that most boys and men were put into for experience sake. he should have been called in during his pre pubescent years, but it appears that chanyeol was too mature and too well-built for him to be considered the "woman" of the relationship. chanyeol figures that he'll be called in during his older years to therefore teach a young boy himself the basis of sexual intercourse and relationships overall. the only flaw is that chanyeol doesn't quite understand both of these concepts, for he is not only a virgin, but he has also never been in a relationship before. it appears that he was too busy studying love to fall in love himself. quite stupid, if you'd ask, well, anyone.

just as he'd expected, minutes later there was a knock at his door beckoning him outside for an inspection. the inspection, obviously, wasn't just for his home. it was for himself, as well. according to his friends, the guards inspected nearly every part of you. they made sure you looked "manly" enough, with the right amount of muscle and hair. chanyeol hardly had any of the two, but for some apparent reason, the guards looked at each other, then at chanyeol, and cleared him. chanyeol certainly wasn't ready for that.

"go to the capital tomorrow morning. city hall. arrive after dawn; you needn't be too early," one of the guards spoke.

"what exactly is this for?" chanyeol asked, though he knew why the guards were there. he simply wanted more information.

"we have a boy for you. you're going to mentor him, in more ways than one, i assume. he's 16 and very eager to learn. don't be late." and with that, they left.

chanyeol wasn't sure if he was ready, heck, he knew he wasn't ready, to take on something like this. but he couldn't possibly disobey the city's orders. chanyeol sure was in for a hell of a ride, and he prayed to plato and aristotle and socrates that everything would be all right.