summer '19 ➳ markhyuck

title: summer '19
ship(s): markhyuck, slight!chensung, slight!norenmin
group(s): nct (dream w/ mark 🥺)
genre: romance, comedy?
rating: pg-13 ?
synopsis: donghyuck can't swim, but it doesn't stop him from going to the pool every day during summer to catch a glimpse of the cute new lifeguard in training.
"you can't even swim, idiot."
"exactly."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

donghyuck had no idea that summer could be so boring. he was only a week in, and he already missed seeing his crazy friends at school. heck, donghyuck even missed his teachers. he didn't miss the piles of homework, but he surely missed the people he saw at school. call him crazy, but he strangely wanted to go back, even if the thought of going into his senior year and graduating scared him half to death. but it wasn't like he had anything at home to do at all.

donghyuck's logic was that it was too hot for him to go outside, and he was definitely too broke to go places overall. he had no car, and his mother didn't trust him enough to go far in public transportation, something about it being very dangerous. he could always go to his friends' houses, but jisung and chenle lived too far (not really but donghyuck was lazy), and jaemin, renjun, and jeno were always busy with each other. donghyuck just had to live with the fact that he was going to be bored at home all summer long.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

it came in the form of a text message: an invitation to what would, sooner or later, lead to much more than what he signed up for. jisung and chenle had recently discovered an indoor pool about five blocks from donghyuck's home. it's website deemed it new, which explains why they had never heard of it before despite living in the same neighborhood their whole lives. the prospect was simple: meet at donghyuck's house and then walk to the pool together. it seemed like a fun idea when jisung first mentioned it, they could swim around all summer to rid of the horrible summer heat that made them feel sticky and icky, while also killing time. that is, until donghyuck remembered that he can't swim for shit. and now he was fucked, because he had already told jisung yes.

the three boys were to meet up tomorrow, in swimming attire and with their towels ready. donghyuck didn't even have swimming attire. he was left with no other choice; he was going to simply cancel on jisung and chenle- at least until he got swim trunks or something.

as donghyuck lay on his bed thinking about tomorrow's plan, and whether he should really cancel or not, he couldn't help but feel guilty. jisung and chenle had seemed quite excited for the pool, as excited as teenagers could get, at least. and, fuck, donghyuck couldn't bring himself to text jisung that swimming wasn't an option for him. instead he opted for texting the boy about his lack of swimming attire.

jisungie ♡

yo, jisung
mayhaps i need smth 😗

u need swim trunks
am i right 😗

HOW DID U KNOW
are u psychic 😩

no, but i know u can't swim
which leads me to believe
that u don't own swim trunks

since u know me so well
do u think
that mayhaps
u can,,,

let u borrow swim trunks?
🤔🤔🤔

u really do know me sis 🥺🤩
pls and thank u 😩

i'll bring them to u tomorrow
if you stop using those emojis
u can keep them tho
chenle wants to go often
so u will definitely need them