MergePunk: An Ooorah & WattpadPunkFiction Anthology

Now, it's been a wee while since we—that is, Ooorah, courtesy of LayethTheSmackDown—did a kickass sci-fi anthology 'round these here parts. We've been mainly doing our Wattpad-famous SmackDowns—writing romps with prompted rounds—and those are going swimmingly. But we figured it was high time to do another of our sci-fi anthologies.

Then we had a brilliant idea: Let's team up with WattpadPunkFiction, formerly known as WattPunk. They're a pretty badass profile, something we can all agree on, and they're all about that sci-fi. So it's win–win.

In this latest—and now collaborative—anthology, inspired by a round theme from Ooorah's previously mentioned Wattpad-famous SmackDowns, sci-fi writers will be challenged to craft a kickass story with one cardinal rule: They must first randomly generate and then merge a -Punk sub-genre and a non-Punk sub-genre.

From now on we shall call this noble goal...

MergePunk!

Examples for ya off the top of my head, 'troopers: 

OceanPunk + Galactic Empire. 

TeslaPunk + Alternative History. 

BioPunk + AfroFuturism. 

AtomPunk + Theological SF.

Sound pretty awesome and unique, right? Feeling the possibilities bubbling away in your brain already? That's what MergePunk is all about, baby.

There are so many -Punk sub-genres, so many non-Punk sub-genres. Sci-fi really is one of the most diverse genres to write in. We want to showcase the diversity in store for readers and writers alike.

Sound intrigued? Turn the page and enter the MERGE!