part ten

After sailing for another day-and-a-half, the fleet reached their country. Yamraiha had fashioned a magic prison, holding the pirate Dungeon Capturers hostage. Their Metal Vessels were removed and held from them, not giving them enough strength to fight against Sinbad and his Generals.

Sinbad supervised Iris at all times, shockingly protective of her while she was injured. She had managed to limp to the bathroom and back to the bed, but not much more than that. Not only did she have countless physical wounds, but she also used up all the Magoi she didn't know she had within her. She felt exhausted and sore and her scars stung every time they moved the wrong way. But what was the worst about all of it was how helpless she felt.

It irritated her as she relied on the stronger man to hold her upright while they got off the ship, touching the land of Sindria once again.

They were met by Masrur and Ja'far. Masrur and Yamraiha escorted the pirates to the country's dungeons - which Iris didn't even know the location of - while Ja'far approached Sinbad and the crippled girl.

"What happened?" He frowned, looking at the injuries that battered the girl's skin.

The King adjusted his grip on her waist, helping her to stand more upright. "Our little Iris here joined my Household." He looked at her with pride and a confident smile. "She took out a Strength Magician and provide an opportunity for Yamraiha to capture one of the Dungeon Capturers."

Seeing her rings back on her fingers, Ja'far scowled more bitterly. "Did she try anything with you?" He asked in a dark, spiteful tone.

"Ja'far." Sinbad's voice was very stern between his bright grin. "Iris fought with me. Iris became a member of my Household. Iris is on our side." His words were spoken as if they were an order. "I expect you to see her as an ally."

The white-haired man clicked his tongue angrily and turned away, not wanting to acknowledge her and her relationship with the King.

"Ja'far!" He raised his voice. "We need to get Iris to some medics. Please gather them."

The shorter man didn't answer, just grunted in response.

Surely enough, when a carriage took she and Sinbad to the palace, there was a team of medically-trained servants waiting for them, along with Yamraiha who would assist them with magic.

They took Iris in, laying her on a cushioned table and beginning to properly treat her wounds. They applied salves and ointments to the portions of her skin that were burned and torn. Others tended to the lacerations that covered her, making sure the deeper cuts were closing properly and her broken bones were set to heal.

"Now..." Her friend began to encourage, "...you'll be healed in no time."

"Thank you." The dark-haired girl hummed.

"We'll be good now. You all are dismissed." Yamraiha turned to the medics. When they left the room, she rested her elbows on the padded table and gazed at the injured girl expectantly. "So, between us girls, what's up with you and the King?"

Iris chuckled. "I don't even know. He's always confused me." She then examined her rings. "Apparently we have a strong enough bond for me to become a Household Member, though."

"I think you mean a lot more to him than you, or even he knows." She theorized with thoughtful blue eyes. "It's only been a couple of days, but he seems to be changing a little bit. The way he looks at you is... different."

"Oh, you mean I'm not just a pretty toy?" The darker-haired girl joked with a raised brow.

Yamraiha cocked her head side to side and rolled her eyes. "Honestly, you still might be." She teased. "I want to tell you to be careful and keep your distance, but I also want to encourage you to let him in and to trust him." She giggled to herself.