part sixteen

"... kiss me."

Sinbad blinked. Iris wasn't pushing him away or teasing him, she was practically melting beneath him. He had no idea how to react. This wasn't one of the women that just hung around him and did whatever he wanted. This wasn't a woman at a brothel. This wasn't a woman who allowed whatever someone else wanted to be done to her.

This was Iris. Sure, he had his fun with her, but he did care about her and did respect her. He was the Lady Killer of the Seven Seas, and he didn't expect to care so much about a woman.

He leaned in closer to her, his lips hovering above hers, parted and expectant. He fought with himself over whether he should do as she asked or not. What would be his reasoning to do so? Could he deal himself if he did? Would she be okay if he did? Would he be able to stop himself?

But she was still asking for him to kiss her. He had never been so hesitant to kiss a woman. It was uncharacteristic of him to question it so much.

However, he wanted to. He wanted to grab her and succumb to her.

Sinbad inhaled deeply, pressing his lips to hers with a heavy exhale. As soon as he did, he was done for.

He pushed his body closer to her, a hand on her lower back and another intertwined in her thick magenta-colored hair, heavy and wet at the ends from the water. He bit her lower lip, begging for entry. She positioned herself highed on his lap, also wrapping her small, nimble hands in his much longer hair.

Him kissing her - really kissing her - was exactly what Iris wanted. She didn't realize how much she desired it until he did, dominating her mouth and exploring the inside. She moaned, her head above his as he bent his neck to not leave her soft lips.

She began to match his eagerness and sensuality, biting his lip and turning the tables of control back on the man. He helped to lift her up, grabbing the muscles of her bottom, but it didn't last long before he countered her, making her shrink beneath him, melting beneath his power and passion.

The King knew he was in trouble internally. His heart had never beat so fast, and he had never felt the fluttering sensation he had deep in his stomach. He loved the feeling. He loved kissing her. He loved touching her. That much he knew, but this strange longing in his heart he couldn't understand and identify.

Iris realized the way she felt, however. It was such strong lust for the man, mixed with a desire for something genuine, beyond the physical and sexual desire that was apparent between them. She was so happy that he was kissing her, even without any alcohol.

But what she also recognized with who Sinbad was: notorious Lady Killer and pervert. He flirted with anything that had curves and was potentially open to his advancements. She knew this, yet she felt so attached to him.

He absolutely accepted that she was special to him, knowing she made him feel a way he never had before. He parted from her mouth to kiss her neck, only to find himself drawn back in to her lips. He just wanted to feel close and connected to her, and he couldn't resist the softness of her lips and the push and pull of dominance they shared. Her entire body was a paradise to him that he wanted to explore in its entirety. He surely had never felt so attracted to any woman as he was to Iris, and he knew it was because there was something more to it. She was his weakness and his dynamite.

'Love.'

The word echoed in his head as he fused with passion, pinching at the back of the bra-like undergarment she wore. It was a word he didn't understand beyond when something pleased him. Yet, for some reason it was what he was thinking.

He slowed himself, learning that he was getting deeper and deeper into feelings that scared him. He broke the heated kiss and pressed his forehead to hers, kissing her a few more times before separating and gazing into her silver eyes.