Chapter 5

It was silent for a few seconds. Classmates braced themselves with determination etching their features.

"Looks like he's serious. I like it." Kensei stated, and of course he would. He was very serious about protecting people, and not that she wasn't, but his quirk made him that much more so.

With wolf instincts, he was the Alpha. The pack leader and if someone got hurt under his watch, he would not get over it. One time, she accidentally fell off a swing and broke her arm when she was 6 and Xavier also hit his head really hard. Kensei, even though he was the same age, would not stop laying into them and made sure they were cautious from them on.

Koneko still shivered from the glare he sent at them long ago.

"Yeah, well I don't. Honestly, be a hard ass, but scaring us like this is unnecessary. Crushing someone's dream like this is unnecessary. Et je serai damné si je le laisse faire. (1)" She muttered the last part in French, and though Kensei didn't understand, he had a feeling about what it was.

"The lowest scorer will be expelled....? But it's only the first day!" Uraraka protested, bravely stepping forward with clenched fists. "I mean, even if it weren't...that's totally unfair!"

"Natural disasters...highway pileups....rampaging villains. The world is full of unfairness. It's a hero's job to try to combat that unfairness." Their sensei said in a stern voice. "If you wanna be a pro, you're gonna have to push yourself to the brink. If you were hoping to spend your evenings at Mickey D's with your friends, I'm sorry to tell you that for the next three years, Yuuei will run you through the wringer.

That's Plus Ultra. Use your strength to overcome it all. So bring it." He finished.

While Koneko didn't really like his style, that last part of the speech got her a little hyped up, and it looked like her classmates were too. Majority showed looks of determination while only a few remained unsure.

The first test was the 50-meter dash. First up was Tsuyu and the rude glasses boy from earlier. They stood in lanes separated by white lines and a robot was outside of the line, counting them off. They crouched down, getting ready to run.

"Runners on your marks! Ready.....!!!" A shooting sound erupted from the starting blocks simultaneously and they shot off.

Glasses was speeding through the lane with his engines on his calves, going faster than a lot of people would, Koneko guessed. He was probably the fastest person in class.

When he passed the finish line, the robot shouted, "3.04 seconds" and she was reluctantly impressed.

Tsuyu made the race in one large leap and a quarter, crouching down on all fours and hopping like a frog. "5.58 seconds", which wasn't bad at all, but Glasses definitely had this test in the bag.

"Wow Tsu-chan! You jumped so high, and you were so fast! Good job!" Hagakure praises next to the frog girl when she hops over to the class.

"Thanks, kero." She croaks in return.

Next was Uraraka and the boy with the tail, Ojiro (Eraserhead called them up by names, and though Koneko wanted nothing more than to sleep, she made an effort to put names on faces). Uraraka was mumbling to herself, touching her clothes and her shoes with one hand.

When the starting blocks shot off, Ojiro was using his large, muscled tail to hop across, similar to Tsuyu. He almost made it across in one leap. "4.49 seconds," the robot lady announced.

Uraraka ran across with as much speed as she could, and Koneko had to give it to her. "7.15 seconds", wasn't terrible. It was actually incredible thinking on her part, improvising the use of her quirk. She didn't know what Uraraka's quirk was, but it probably wasn't good for this portion of the assessment.