3

"i don't understand." i confessed , looking at edward as he stared at me . he brought me into carlisle's office as soon as he came home . i wasn't the only one who voiced their opinions, jacob came by and nagged a bit before staying to talk with bella.

it's been a few hours since he came home from brazil with bella , it's been a few hours since everything was normal .

"how could you be so stupid edward ? how could you let this happen? the volturi finds out we are dead , actually dead this time."

"aurora , i" i quickly cut him off , "i don't want to fucking hear your excuses edward. you are putting everyone in this house in danger because you wanted to be with a human , you could've least gotten one with more emotions than her." i scoffed , pushing my hair out of my face as edward looked at me.

"you know she can hear you." he mentioned , "well let her hear , this is her fault. when it comes to the volturi i must stand down ." "you are stronger then all of them combined aurora ."

he was right

i am stronger than the volturi but they helped me when edward couldn't . when edward wouldn't. they knew i could destroy them if i wanted to but they used my daughter against me once and i don't want to go through that again.

"this is my choice , just like how you chose to be stupid."

i walked out of carlisle's office and slammed the door hard enough that the sound echoed throughout the house. as i walked out i saw bella looking at me as she was wrapped in her blanket , "do you wish i was dead?" she asked me , looking down as if she was scared to be turned into stone by my hard glare.

"at times. in this circumstance , yes , you put us all in danger . including yourself . you are having a vampire baby isabella , do you not understand?"

"i'm having this baby." "i didn't say you couldn't , i had my daughter , but my situation was different than yours. i was with the volturi , i know how they operate. once they receive the news , it's bye bye for your family and bye bye to the cullens." i growled , she stared at me in horror as she wrapped her scrawny arms around her bruised stomach.

"i won't hurt your baby , i know she's too precious . she's going to look like edward , her and juliet will look like twins."

bella stared at me in shock as she cradled her stomach , "it's a girl?"

"yes , i can hear her thoughts.shes killing you bella , you won't last very long." aurora stood up and walked away as bella sobbed and felt around her stomach .

i walked into my room and sat down on my bed , "you know you could be a bit nicer rory." jasper smirked , leaning against my doorframe . "she doesn't deserve it."

i felt my shoulders grow lighter by the second and my chest felt light as if bricks were lifted . "stop it jasper." i growled , jasper raising his hands in surrender. "she's apart of the family , we must protect her. she's carrying the next mason/cullen , she's carrying your daughter's sibling aurora. we can't be selfish right now."

i nodded my head , "sadly."

as the days went by, bella and i talked about motherhood. she asked about how i felt , how it was when i carried juliet for nine months .

"how did you pick the name juliet?" "edward and i were in love with shakespeare, so after he "passed" i found out i was pregnant and i had juliet picked out , and since edwards middle name is anthony i chose to have her as antoinette then have edwards mom name as her other middle name." i explained as bella nodded . "i say for her middle name , carlie is a beautiful name. just combine the lettering of charlie and carlisle, it's beautiful."

bellas eyes light up , smiling and nodding her head in excitement as i gave her the idea. "you told edward about the baby being a girl?" i asked , fixing her blanket because i saw her shiver. "no , i want him to be surprised."

"if anything happens , i want you to take care of her." "you're going to be fine isabella."

"we both know you're lying."

i look up and i saw her skin sink into her bones , she looked dead. her skin was white with a hint of purple , she was cold. i could hear her ribs rattle every time she would breathe .

"okay."

i watched as she silently cried as she rubbed her swollen , bruised stomach. "i can do this." she whispered multiple times , shutting her eyes as she continued to rub.

i was the only one who could hear her thoughts

she wasn't going to survive this

i saw it

neither will i