Friday Fetch (1)

He hated it when she worked overtime. Just like she hated it when he did. The feeling was mutual, definitely. But there were certain advantages of being a sadist in a relationship with a masochist. He could take out his frustration on her, certainly, and not worry about going overboard because she did have a safeword and also because she'd probably end up enjoying the result too.

That's how he consoled himself when she texted him her shift was getting extended and she won't be home till early Friday morning for a shift that was supposed to end Thursday night.

Another glitch in his perfectly timed out plan. He hated it. Ugh. Now he had to adjust everything accordingly.

He slept early and woke up early just in time to see her trudge  in at 6am, looking like a zombie. He had anticipated this, of course. Overworked zombie pretty much summed her up; she looked exhausted.

He got up to hug her, but she shook her head at him. "Shower first." Little miss could be particular sometimes.

He felt a little disappointed, but brushed it aside. "Shower then. I'll order breakfast"

"It's six in the morning: No one delivers now."

He rolled his eyes at her. Of course he knew where to get food from. She had no faith in him really. He knew how to get food. Unlike someone who spent her whole life complaining about food in the hospital.

She showered and came out smelling all sweet. And wet. Her hair was dripping, with no towel in sight. He sighed.

He had given up trying to get her to dry her hair herself. Experience told him the lazy woman would never do it properly. Or even satisfactorily enough.

He loved her hair really, but with the way she took care of it, or rather didn't take care of it, it was a wonder it actually looked and felt so soft and thick. She had nice hair, but dripping hair was one of his pet peeves.

She crawled on the sofa with him, hugging him as he towelled her hair, while she gazed at him like a satisfied little kitten. Sometimes, he wondered if he was spoiling her too much.

"When did you move the furniture?" She asked him.

"Two days ago"

"I didn't notice" she confessed "And I came home on Wednesday. Was it after?"

"Before. It's because you crawled into bed the moment you came back. And when you got up, you ran to work again." He rubbed her gently as he teased her.

She sighed at that. "I feel so tired. All the night duties, and these long shifts are sucking the life out of me. I barely even see you"

"You forgot overtime"

"Overtime too" she crawled into his lap, "it's gonna be the end of me." She buried her head in his neck as she stifled a yawn.

"But you already look like a zombie" he quipped.

"Show some compassion" she elbowed him. He laughed at that.

"Want me to kiss your boo boo away?"

He expected her to roll her eyes at him, but instead she said, "Yes please." He could feel her blush at the childish remark.

So he obliged. He gave her a long deep kiss. Things were just getting heated when the ring of the doorbell made him pull away.

She made a face at him, as he beckoned her with his eyes to behave.

She yawned again, and then folded her arms, not moving from the couch, as he got their breakfast from the delivery boy.

"Don't think too much", he patted her head, as he fixed her food, seeing her lost in thought expression. "Some restaurants deliver at this time of the day"